Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Please change avitar    

Please change avitar

zailda
Brazil

Before questioning a member on the forum I think we should take some topics into consideration to measure the utility for the community against the damage it can cause the member:

- Can it be solved through PM, without exposing the member in public?

- Is it related to the whole community interests or just to a few members �?

- Is it more important than the emotional damage it may cause?

- Would it be a fruitful discussion or a mere debate leading nowhere and that may end up with some members in a bad mood, insulted, etc...?

- May some members use the thread to crucify the person hightlighted?

- Is it really worthy of a public discussion?

I want to clarify that I �m not stating rules to use the forum, I just want to remind you about some general rules on caring & paying attention to other person �s feelings.

But if you don �t really care about other person �s feelings, or the peace maintenance on the site, just go ahead and do whatever you want to.

Have a nice day.

24 Nov 2009     

Aimee/S.
Israel

Dear Zailda, your last words are very wise, and the questions you invite us to think about are extremely pertinent!!! You are absolutely right... no need to "crucify" - so to speak!!! - the person in public and present her avatar to the whole world.

Have a great day too,
Aimee

24 Nov 2009     

Mahalo
United States

Zalida- I you were to reread my post, I was being polite enough NOT to mention who �s avitar this is..

With this person, not sending a pm was better than sending one...it prevents any fuel....

24 Nov 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

@ Mahalo With this person!?
Sorry, but I have come to realize that for some reason you have some personal issue. I never crossed words with you and you came up with this whole thing!
As I said today, I apologize if the cartoon truly offended people but I �m not apologizing to the ones (you for example) who were such a bunch of barbarians who are unfriendly, unhelpful and all around ignorant.  

25 Nov 2009     

Mahalo
United States

Samantha-
Why do you post this here, then send me a PM of it also-
Do whatever the heck you want, I do not care...You do not take the advice of so many people on here, then whatever you do is what you will have to deal with...

Please, do not bother me with your PM �s, I block you now.

Zailda- this is exactly why I did not deal with a PM in the first place.

Just drop my suggestion of change, if you want to come off that way, WHATEVER!

25 Nov 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4