Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > what does your avatar mean to you?    

what does your avatar mean to you?

Damielle
Argentina

I always choose fairies for my avatars. Since I was a very young girl I felt caught by these cute fairy pictures. I have a huge collection so I usually change it once a week. In general, I choose the fairy according to my mood. At present, I have this fairy dressed in yellow because for me that colour represents happiness and I �m really happy because I �ll be on holidays in a few weeks. But on the other side, she is sitting in a mixture of glamorous and tired way. And this is how I feel now: tired, exhausted!!!

Julietisima was right: she, Nebal and me are very fond of fairies and butterflies

lomasbellisima:

Rafinha, Your avatar is awesome!!! hahahaha

Edit: I have changed my avatar now because I have some abdominal pain. I´m with gastroenteritis.

6 Dec 2009     

lamyaa
Egypt

i really enjoyed reading every one of ur replies..i feel so in ove with uall now as i know part of ur minds:))Hug

6 Dec 2009     

elderberrywine
Germany

My avatar is a wedding present I made for someone whose "love story" touched me.

A nice colleague of mine lost her husband painfully to cancer. He suffered for many years before he died.
For many years she was the saddest widow I have ever seen.

Eight years later she fell in love ever so slowly with an old friend of her husband �s whom she had known for decades. Somehow suddenly something clicked.
She was over 50 then but blossomed like a flower in spring after all those years of suffering.

Some years later she finally married this man who was then 66 and had never been married all his life. (!)
What you see in my avatar is the wedding present I made for this couple (a wallhanging). It was one of the first patchwork items I made. I had just started patchwork at the time and it has since become a wonderful hobby for me.

P. S. It bothers me a lot when people change their avatars all the time. I really identify people via their pictures, more so than via their names ....

6 Dec 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4