Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > About the use of L1 in worksheets    

About the use of L1 in worksheets

cecio_13
Argentina

Victor said:

"as long as the L1 does not affect the total understanding of the worksheet it should not be removed"

Isn �t he the owner of this site???

5 Mar 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

@ Liz... thanks for the overview of the abuse page. I wouldn �t know anymore, but I �m sure glad to know about that! Hope the mood stays!

5 Mar 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

I remember Victor �s statement about not removing the wss with L1 , but it was before the new rules were set up. Now they clearly say about contributions being 100% in English, so I somehow don �t understand what is this about.

Mena is absolutely right - people should read the rules before uploading. If they don �t, they shouldn �t be surprised if their contribution is reported.

And to avoid any misunderstanding or accusals: If there is couple of words in Spanish (or other language) a part of an English song, I �d consider it being all right.

5 Mar 2010     

Mariethe House
France

Quote Julieta:"Zora has provided the key words "common sense"... I also feel a bit afraid sometimes, just like Aimee"

Me too!

Too many rules kill the rule!

I don �t like the idea of "clearing" this site! History has given us so many examples of people who wanted to " clear "the planet of all  the pretended "nuisance" !Had these people not been stopped , half of us would not be here today arguing about petty things!

maybe we should remember! And remember the word:"TOLERANCE"

5 Mar 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Looks like some members don �t appreciate Victor �s hard work and spending his precious time by creating the new rules. Sadly, the same people always find something criticize and to complain about. I really don �t understand this attitude.Ermm

5 Mar 2010     

Yulia Mo
Russian Federation

@ Mariethe. You don �t like the idea of clearing? So you think reporting and moderating is useless? SO in couple of weeks we �ll drown in copies, corrupted files and non-esl resources. But let �s then be happy we �ve got the toleranceThumbs Up

5 Mar 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Let �s not be sarcastic please

I appreciate Mariethe �s opinion just like yours Mj Misa & Yulia, she has the right to express herself.

I like the word "tolerance", I like a site full of valuable worksheets without copies and non ESL resources but I am against reporting every single wss that contains one sentces in L1 even though it has lots of points and is very useful. That �s it, if you feel like you want to continue reporting and I feel like I want to vote against the removal, that is ok, let �s continue...

I just wish Victor could answer my question and if he says that one line in L1 is enough reason for the removal then I will vote for the removal.

But as I already told you, that is not what he said some months ago.

5 Mar 2010     

Mariethe House
France

This is a very poor and dishonest interpretation of what I said!!
Looks like some members don �t appreciate Victor �s hard work and spending his precious time by creating the new rules

I DO appreciate the work our administrator has put into this site and I am allowed to give my opinion when some of the members/ moderators go beyond common sense and overdo it !

@yulia;  Of course I want an honest participation on this site!! What I do not want is too much rigidity and stiffness of the mind! That �s what I call tolerance and that �s what I implement and defend in everyday life!  

5 Mar 2010     

nvr1
France

Thumbs up for Mariethe

5 Mar 2010     

Yulia Mo
Russian Federation

Julieta, i understand that some wss are really useful. What i don �t understand is
1. Why people don �t read the rules. Isn �t it a sign of disrespect towards the community they want to belong?
2. What �s the problem in reporting and deleting the ws, if the user can change and upload it again?

5 Mar 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >