Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Best Food For a First-Date....    

Best Food For a First-Date....

Samantha.esl
Italy

Best Food For a First-Date....

Hi!

I �m looking for suggestions about what is the best food we should choose on a first -date.. OR food we should defenitely avoid on a first -date.

I �d like to start with a short text telling someone �s experience on the topic to introduce them to what people should do or avoid doing ....

I �m currently working on a unit which deals with food and giving advice with a group of teenagers aged 16-17 and we are currently working on giving advice to sporty people but I �d like to change a bit and make them give advice to a person who is going on a first-date...

What do you think? Do you have any funny or unusual experience on the topic?

I personally would avoid the classic: spaghetti or hamburger

21 Mar 2010      

stexstme
France

I �d go for  garlic bread with some aging (French) cheese.......Approve

21 Mar 2010     

baiba
Latvia

Hi Samantha,

There are surprisingly numerous pages on the internet with answers to your question - what to eat and what not to eat, for example, this page http://advice.eharmony.com/?page=articles/view&AID=1900

Humorous view - http://www.11points.com/Food-Drink/11_Things_You_Should_Eat_on_Your_First_Eleven_Dates

21 Mar 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I �d add sweetbreads to Sylvie �s menu.  That would really impress a teenager on a first date.Smile

21 Mar 2010     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Baiba, most of the time there are �surprisingly numerous pages on the internet � (like you put it) for everything people ask here.... But I wanted to ask people here in the forum and avoid reading LONG lectures on the topic. Like the articles you have provided. I don �t think I should resort to GOOGLE and not ask here... I don �t think I �m disturbing other �important � posts instead of using google..

Thank you anyway

21 Mar 2010     

baiba
Latvia

Oh, Samantha, sorry sorry sorry, you misunderstood me. I just wanted to add that there is ALSO a lot of info on the net. But of course live answers are best of all!

21 Mar 2010     

Mariethe House
France

Thanks Baiba for your second link! it is full of humour and i will use it as I am working on health topic at the moment!
Thanks Samantha for bringing up the topic!

21 Mar 2010     

Samantha.esl
Italy

So any suggestion Marieth� House? other than thanking Baiba?? that �s what my post is for!??Approve

21 Mar 2010     

gloriawpai
Brazil

Samantha,

I �d go for something really different. In my case, I wa taken to a Mexican restaurant. We had some beef and corn and a Marguerita!

I �d avoid garlic, onion, because it �ll be hard to stand your breath.

21 Mar 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

LOL Gloria...

edit: Baiba thanks for the site, it is really nice

21 Mar 2010     

Mariethe House
France

On a first date? I would not go to a restaurant! I would just go for a romantic stroll under the moonlight or watch a romantic film... Food??? Ermm

21 Mar 2010     

1    2    3    Next >