Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Premium member?    

Premium member?

sp.watson
Thailand

Premium member?

Hi everyone, I am a little confused about the points system. 
I was under the impression that once you became a premium member with 30 points you were entitled to download 30 worksheets per day.
Does anyone know why I am now restricted at 39 points from downloading any more worksheets (I have coincidentally downloaded 39 worksheets in total to date)? 
I get the message that I need to upload and gain more points before I can download any more worksheets.
Is this correct? Is the 30 per day only for a limited period?
I am probably being dim, so hope someone can explain it to me!
Thanks in advance.
Simon.

30 Apr 2010      

magneto
Greece

Hi, there!
As a premium member you can download 30 worksheets per day for BUT they have to be from the recent contributions section (on your left-hand side). For instance, today you can only download from today �s contributions for free. For older contributions you have to "pay" in points, as usual.
So, good luck! Make sure you collect more points and be more careful next time you downloadSmile
All the best,
magneto

30 Apr 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Dear Simon,

YOU ARE THE MILLIONTH USER WHO HASN �T READ THE RULES PROPERLY --- HOORAY!!! Evil Smile

LOL

No, I �m not taking the pCensored out of you, I �m just trying to say in a humourous way that sooo many people don �t bother to read the rules, because they �re either too lazy or they think it �s a waste of time.

That �s the reason why we get to read all these "Where are my points?" and "How can I become a premium user?" questions every day!

Please, read what �s written on these pages in order to avoid more misunderstandings in the future:

Rules and instructions --- Below there �s a short extract regarding your problem:
When you reach 30 points you will become a premium user (not automatically, but the next day). Then you will have 30 free downloads every day (without using your points). These 30 free downloads can only be chosen from the recent contributions (previous day contributions), not from the whole collection.

F.A.Q. --- and another extract for you to study: ;))
Then you can download 30 free worksheets from the recent contributions that you will find in the "show all" section on the home page or following this link:  http://www.eslprintables.com/recentcontributions.asp

What �s this --- and another one:
When you reach 30 points, you become a premium user. Premium users are allowed to download 30 of the daily recent contributions for free.

You have probably downloaded some old printables and that �s the reason why you haven �t got any of your 39 points left...

I �m going to download the 3 printables you have uploaded up to now so that you �ll have at least 3 more points to spend on older contributions. ;))))

Have a great day and - PLEASE - don �t take my answer wrong. It �s nothing personal; I �m just a bit fed up with all those new members who refuse to read the rules. Disapprove

Hope you �ll have a relaxing weekend with loads of free time to read the rules!! Wink

All the best - Silke

30 Apr 2010     

missluly
Fiji

topolina is ladybird???

she wasnt so rude as you are.

i cant believe it  :(

30 Apr 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Dear MissLuly,

Maybe you �re disappointed with me now, but - to be honest - I �m also disappointed by your reaction...

You don �t seem to have understood my sarcastical approach, so I apologise to you and everyone else who may think that my reaction was rude. Not everybody can share my sense of humour!! :))))

Best wishes and have a wonderful day - Silke

30 Apr 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Why is Silke rude? Sarcastic maybe, but rude?
Well, the truth is: The first thing every new member sees when he/she registers are the rules and then he/she is supposed to click the agreement about reading the rules. If those people asking the same questions on the forum really read the rules, they wouldn �t have to ask, would they? So they agreed they had read the rules but in fact they hadn �t, right? There is no single day without someone asking question they wouldn �t have to ask if they REALLY read the rules. In that case it is only understandable they will get a sarcastic answer. I totally agree with topolina (and you can call me rude too, I don �t really care because I DID READ the rules!)

30 Apr 2010     

banska bystrica
Slovakia

Hey, missluly, don �t be so serious, I don �t think that Silke was rude... I think it is Ok to point at the fact that lots of people just don �t read the rules.... What �s wrong with that? BTW, did you notice that she was going to download sp.watson �s wss? Did you read she was not trying to be personal? Still think she is so horrible? Sometimes I �m wondering why people have to be so serious all the time about everything and why they just can �t take things more easily... sometimes, sarcasm is the spice of life (for me:)

zuzana

30 Apr 2010     

Sonn
Russian Federation

OMG! Quarrels again! I�m tired of all these "she is right / she is wrong". Why don�t we just have a good time?

30 Apr 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Exactly, Sonn, exactly!! :)

Thanks anyway for your support, dear Michaela and Zuzana - I really appreciated it. :)))) You definitely got the picture! Thumbs Up

30 Apr 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hello
As my dear friend Ladybird used to say, " in MHO ", humour is a gift of intelligence.

@lady
Glad you manage to bring some humour to the forum, sometimes we do need it. And you know, when you are not around I can give a hand. ( LOL )
linda

30 Apr 2010     

Sonn
Russian Federation

Sometimes I wonder why people laugh at the users who ask for help and contributed to the site at least a bit and neutral and even helpful to those who do not want to do anything and ask to send them wss without contributing. Just a thought.

30 Apr 2010     

1    2    3    Next >