Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Is it a warning?    

Is it a warning?

...Alena...
Russian Federation

Is it a warning?

Hello, dear friends. I need your help.�

There �s a strange warning (or what is it?) at my work (awards for girls). What does it mean?�

If you use this template to make your own worksheets, don �t forget to acknowledge the source!

What source should I acknowledge? Clip-arts were taken from a free site, just have a look

lenagold.ru

"You can take anything you want, anywhere you want and as much as you want" it �s written in FAQ. "Absolutely free".�

Thanks a lot for your attention.

7 Jun 2010      

borna
Croatia

The page is in Russian (I think?), so I can �t understand anything written there.

7 Jun 2010     

borna
Croatia

I also think it is polite, but I, for example, use cliparts and photos from different sources, sometimes from 4-5 to make one worksheet, and it seems a bit too complicated to copy-paste all the sources in a worksheet description when I upload it here.

7 Jun 2010     

frenchfrog
France

Does that mean that you were not "polite" when you made your four most downloaded worksheets, MJ_Misa? Shocked

Lately I have seen some members refer to the rules of the site which they do not follow themselves or preach things they do not apply to their own worksheets!!! DisapproveThumbs Down

7 Jun 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

well, obviously it �s a nice thing to acknowledge the site where you took your cliparts, even if they �re free!!!
i made a ws not so long ago, i used cliparts drawn by phillip martin and i just added a thank you note at the bottom of my description to thank him and to tell everyone else where to find his cliparts! but obviously when i use images found on google, on images from the CD i bought, i don �t say anything, it would be too long and boring!
don �t worry too much, have a nice day/evening!!!
Elodie

7 Jun 2010     

...Alena...
Russian Federation

I didn �t mean to sound impolite.... I don �t think that someone might be interested in the site, the pages are in Russian and it �s inconvenient for most of the teachers.

Thanks for your help a lot. Next time I �ll give the link.�

7 Jun 2010     

frenchfrog
France

Oh, I get it! If there is a single source, we must acknowledge it. But if there are several, it is not necessary to mention them????? How logical is that?

7 Jun 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Dear Alena,

It would be polite to mention the source of the template you �re using! I have only used one template so far and - of course - I said THANKS to the user who provided it so generously!! It �s not much of an effort, is it? Just do it! ;))))

Dear Michaela,

Don �t let people annoy you... Hug Lately, I have noticed a few members lying in wait for certain users in order to jump on them whenever there �s an opportunity. They only read what they want to read and simply ignore the rest!

Besides, I�m sure that you were simply inspired by other designs so that you probably cannot remember all the authors...

Have a nice evening - Silke

7 Jun 2010     

frenchfrog
France

We lack coherence sometimes.

It is also good to set the record straight, Topolina. Give it a try! Wink

7 Jun 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Maybe you lack coherence, frenchfrog... I definitely don �t. And if you have a personal issue with someone, you should write them a PM instead of constantly making digs at certain people in public. Wink Give it a try!!

7 Jun 2010     

frenchfrog
France

Don �t think so! I never had a second account...

7 Jun 2010     

1    2    3    4    Next >