Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Hey! Is it just me...?    

Hey! Is it just me...?

rose95
Turkey

Hey! Is it just me...?

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like there aren �t so many good wss to download in the last couple of weeks? Is it just laziness or simply of being too busy?

8 Jun 2010      

FroggyClaudine
France

I think you �re being very rude and unfair. The people who spend hours trying to make nice ws that we can use in our classes have worked as hard as before and the ws are as good as usual even if they don �t suit your needs.

8 Jun 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

i don �t know, but the ws i uploaded last week and during the week-end were very successful, and i don �t think people thought they were no good since i got many comments saying thank you.
maybe there are many wss with 0 points because they are not what we need... I never download 30 ws a day, I stick to 5 - 10 which is already a lot since i scan the new contributions every day...
so maybe you �re not finding what you need/want, that doesn �t mean the wss are no good!!!
Elodie

8 Jun 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

There have always been a lot of wss with 0 points, not just in the past few weeks. Maybe you haven �t paid attention to this fact before... ;)

Moreover, I think that there are marvellous wss to download every day!!

May I ask you to think about this very wise idiom which I personally think is absolutely true?

8 Jun 2010     

Tecus
Hungary

Silke, you took the words out of my mouth!

8 Jun 2010     

alien boy
Japan

Well, for me, I �m not interested in �recreating the wheel �, so unless I have something a little uncommon to contribute, then guess what? I �d rather not add my files to a database when there are already a lot of very useful worksheets there. I only use a few points every couple of months now, & I �m as likely to download an older worksheet as a new one. I tend to contribute more behind the scenes or in the occasional forum discussion (if I think it will �value add � to a topic).

Goodnight!

8 Jun 2010     

joy2bill
Australia

I personally have been too busy with IWB work to create worksheets for a while. Pity we can �t contribute IWB stuff.
Our school is going for a �paper-less � classroom so we have to cut down our photocopies.
Like alien boy I have been downloading older worksheets.

8 Jun 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Clap AB

I, too, post wss as I make them. I do not make anything for this website, I make them for my students. And even so, I only post those if I believe they are rather different from what we already have in here. However, I am not opposed to those who post the same things/exercises over and over and get tons of downloads for them.
And, I also turned a lot of my printables into the �ESLP style � to get more downloads in the beginning. I consider my work very useful -for me- (duh... LOL), but it didn �t get many downloads at first. Some of the most downloaded wss I see everyday would bore my students to death.

At the end of the day, we are thousands of teachers and the collection we have is definitely one of a kind.

I believe this matter is not even discussable.

8 Jun 2010     

Mabdel
Morocco

hi hope you �re doin well
I think there are so many perfect works everyday I don �t wanna mention some of their owners.but you see that there are so many efforts invested to come up with the final outcome.

8 Jun 2010     

maria da rosa
Brazil

It � a question of opinion.Don �t generalize please! I don �t agree with you!

8 Jun 2010     

magneto
Greece

Rose95, that is just not fair. There are worksheets to suit all tastes here and each of us picks the ones he/ she needs. Good and bad depends on what we like, what works with our students (and we all know different students may have different needs), etc.
As far as wss with 0 points are concerned, yes, sometimes they get 0 points because they �re no good, but, sometimes, as Elojolie pointed out they just may not be what we need at the time. And, as far as I �m concerned, the number of points a ws has got is not always indicative of its quality...although I must admit I have also fallen for the "more points, better ws" way of thinking at first...
P.S.: Perhaps you should consider Topolina �s final lines, as wellWink

8 Jun 2010     

1    2    3    Next >