Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > book club    

book club

corina2211
Spain

book club

Hello everybody!
Since last week I finally finished classes, I decided to return to my hobby: books. I saw that there were quite a lot of discussions about favourite books and reading but I wanted to do something more organised and official: some kind of book club with an online group of discussion. 
Let me know if anybody is interested and I �ll figure out how to create a group that all of us can access. Contact me here or by PM.
Have a great week!!
Hugs,
Corina

4 Aug 2010      

Nebal
Lebanon

Hiya dear Corina,
I �ve always loved reading books and discussing them with a bunch of bookworms;)))!!!
Would you please tell me more about the club idea? Does it include agreeing on the same book to read and later to discuss. I �d love to know.

Thanks in advance.
Nebal

4 Aug 2010     

franknbea
United Kingdom

Very very Interested.
Count me in (whatever it is)

4 Aug 2010     

Nebal
Lebanon

It feels good to know that Frank is the first to join the club.
Wanna check my butterfly poem written by Frank in the cafe.:))) He�s such a great poet!!

4 Aug 2010     

corina2211
Spain

Dear Nebal and Frank,
Thanks for your quick answers. Actually you are right Nebal; I was thinking about agreeing on the same book and then have some time to read it and also a list of possible topics/questions to discuss. If you have any particular book in mind, let me know. As for the group, I was thinking about a Facebook group, a yahoo group or even a blog. If you agree, let me know and I �ll begin working on it as soon as possible.
I am so happy you like the idea. Smile
Hugs,
Corina

PS: I agree, Frank is a very good writer. Wink

4 Aug 2010     

Amandina
Switzerland

Sounds great!! I �d like to join. Please keep me posted!

4 Aug 2010     

Nebal
Lebanon

Hiya again dear Corina,
I �d love to be a member in your reading club, but please, let it be a blog since I don �t have a facebook account and am not intending to have on. Sorry for being selfish, but I really wanna share in this amazing club.

Well, there are many books to choose, but let �s wait for more teachers who �d like to share. Then, we can suggest a list of books together, and we decide on one together. What do u say?

Hugs,
Nebal

4 Aug 2010     

corina2211
Spain

Hi again Nebal. No problem at all. That �s exactly why I suggested the blog because I assumed that not everybody has a facebook account. 
As for the members and list, of course we can wait some more. I �ll begin working at the blog and hopefully next week, it will be ready; not sooner because in a couple of days I �m going home (Romania) for the summer holidays. Smile
I am so excited that you all like the idea.
Hugs from Spain,
Corina

4 Aug 2010     

franknbea
United Kingdom

Ok, I �ve stopped blushing now so I can answer youEmbarrassed

I agree with the blog idea. facebook is almost as adictive as this site, I �d get easily distracted.
Let me know if you need any help!

4 Aug 2010     

Nebal
Lebanon

Good , dear Corina!!! Take your time. On my part, I will inform my dear friends here at esl. Hope they like the idea too.

Can �t wait!!!

Hope you enjoy your time back to Romania, the land of Dracula. LOL!!

hey Frank, of course , we�ll be in great need of your great inspiring ideas. Anita must join us too.

Hugs,
Butterfly

4 Aug 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

I �m interested too. Just keep us posted.

4 Aug 2010     

1    2    3    4    5    Next >