Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Worksheets on pop songs    

Worksheets on pop songs

Lina Ladybird
Germany

REstoring a text or having a text completed is a matter of a couple of minutes in class.
What follows then or what should follow then, how teachers proceed with the song text and what sort of lesson they make out of it is the interesting bit - but that is where the worksheets end.
Too disappointing.

Dorothea, maybe this kind of ws is not intended to fill a complete lesson? I guess such a gap-fill exercise could be used as a filler at the end of a lesson when there are only a few minutes left. Have you ever thought about it that way?? ;)

I think we should ban worksheets on songs that only consist of the song and a couple of blanks ... too minimalistic.
What do you think?

Yes, they definitely are too minimalistic! I completely agree with you, however, as long as this kind of ws gets downloaded, there �s no reason to ban them... Different users = different likes and needs!!

BTW, I think that some of our dear members are simply not capable of creating more elaborate wss and that �s probably the main reason why stuff like this is uploaded: it �s easy to make, it doesn �t take long and it might earn you some points so that you �re able to download other users � contributions.

So... Even though I partly agree with you I think we should be more generous sometimes. I �m pretty sure that some people will say that I �m not generous myself when it comes to certain topics (removing notebook covers, for example), however, I �m really trying to be more tolerant... Sometimes it works and sometimes it just doesn �t, sorry! ;))

8 Aug 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Just backing up Topolina....look at how differently people handle the matter. 

8 Aug 2010     

Babs1966
France

Yup Thumbs Up

8 Aug 2010     

donapeter
Romania

i teach technical English at my school but I just cannot let this great activities aside!!! Clap for Thebestsong. This is what i call " work" .
@ Bb - you remind me of House MD. 

8 Aug 2010     

Babs1966
France

I really DO agree on that one ;)

I don �t wanna brag about mine after that !!! LOL

8 Aug 2010     

yulya_esl
Ukraine

maybe those people who upload simple wss just cannot create better ones or don �t know how? I �m sure after surfing this AMAZING website and seeing all FANTASTIC wss that are here, they �ll learn how to improve their own!

8 Aug 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Dona: ??

8 Aug 2010     

donapeter
Romania

?? - means what do I insinuate? Or what? 
common....you can figure it out. Don �t make me do it! I won �t.

8 Aug 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Dona, I think she meant to ask why she reminds you of House MD... Wink

8 Aug 2010     

donapeter
Romania

I know! But she knows why! there is 1 in each field! 

( can you imagine how addicted I am??? I am checking esl from Blackberries!!!! People here think I must be sick or smth. OMG.....OMG )

8 Aug 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >