Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > I think I īm getting nasty    

I think I īm getting nasty

elderberrywine
Germany

I think I īm getting nasty

Dear colleagues, I think I īm becoming quite nasty here on ESL.

I tend to make comments for worksheets I would never download because they make me so angry. Some people just upload the most incredible stuff with the most incredible mistakes and in complete disrespect for rules.
I write things like

"How about spelling the name of the pop group correctly in the title of your worksheet?"
"Why don īt you just call your worksheet "test" and give us no idea of what you are testing at which level?"
"This colouring exercise is completely language-free and can be used for every language under the sun, therefore it is not ESL material"
"what a weird idea to upload a French list of words on an ESL website"
"what exactly are students expected to do, just copy the sentences?"
"There are several bad spelling mistakes in your worksheet and the description, why don īt you correct them in order to attract some downloads?"

Doesn īt sound very kind, does it?
Although Germans have a reputation of being blunt, and although the world needs people who call a spade a spade,  I have the feeling that one of these days I will be expelled for lack of friendliness or for frightening off new and unexperienced members .
Please don īt expel me. Just keep in mind that the world needs both the "Menas" and the "elderberrywines" and anything between those extremes....
Embarrassed

12 Oct 2010      

MissMelissa12
Peru

It has been a while I have not posted on forums in this site because they were becoming quite rude. And it is funny that after a long time, I get on here and it is the same thing:
 MEMBERS FIGHTING WITH EACH OTHER

I dId not even read the whole thing above, I guess the person complaining above has some reasons but COME ON!!! When are teachers going to stop fighting?? Life is not color pink, we are not going to like everybody, there are thiefs, there is injustice and so on. BUT Come on give it a bright side to the picture and everybody CHILL OUT. Im sure there are some researches you want to share with us.

Miss Melissa. Hug

12 Oct 2010     

Mariethe House
France

This sounds like an act of contrition so you should be forgiven! Hope you are betterWink

12 Oct 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

You should pm these things. Don īt poison the atmosphere by leaving comments like that. Just my opinion that I figure you will be able to deal with..... (one blunt German to another)

Also, we have just been elected into the UN security council, trying to preserve peace ... time to rise up to the requirements ;o)))))

12 Oct 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

Miss Melisssa, what on earth are you rambling on about?
You haven īt even read my post but decide it īs a complaint and members are fighting each other? This is really funny

12 Oct 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

you īre totally forgiven! sometimes someone needs to speak up!
but maybe you should send a PM rather than leave a comment - unless you think the people who will download this ws should know there are a lot of mistakes...
have a nice evening!!!
Elodie

12 Oct 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Who knows what some comments are there for!? 

12 Oct 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

Well, if comments must not be critical, maybe we should re-name the "comments" section "compliments" section.
Then it īs obvious that members of this site are only allowed to write nice things.     ;o)))))

12 Oct 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

LOL blunderbuster

12 Oct 2010     

donapeter
Romania

Elderberrywine dear......,
Miss melissa is only the first one. 
Then, there will come some other members telling you that you (and I quote) : "don īt think outside the box", then the other part who will call you ....."racist" , then some other people telling you just show off , some of them will blame you as you don īt help but criticize ......And here my blonde mind stops thinking , cos it knows there are so many things that can be said and there is not enough space to fill in. 
This Forum is a big fight? Life in general is a big fight and as we can see ...... the best wins. 

12 Oct 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

When in Rome.....

12 Oct 2010     

1    2    3    Next >