Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Account cancellled    

Account cancellled

Sonn
Russian Federation

I don �t see anything wrong about teaching at the age of 18. I started teaching at the age of 17 as soon as I entered my college and at 22 I had 5 years of practice. Now I �m a bit older than Alex but I have years of experience. Is this bad? Some of my friends started working when they were 14 or 16. So what? Most of my fellow-students had to both study and work. Should we blame these people for this? When I started teaching I didn �t have either many books or a computer. So I had to write all the wss and decorate them using only pens, pencils,  felt-tip pens, glue and sometimes pictures from magazines. And now I �m happy to see that young teachers have much more opportunities than I had at their age.

I agree that to err is human. Sometimes it �s a matter of misunderstanding. As far as I can see from the links given by Alex, the texts were not taken from ESL sites (exept english club link). I haven �t seen the ws but as far as I can understand there were texts only that is why they were removed from here. And the removal was right because in this case the ws were against the rules. Nevetheless I was very surprised to find that Alex�s account has been cancelled.

Alex has been trying to help people here since he joined the site and his messages were always helpful and friendly. He never insulted anybody or hurt other people �s feeling as it sometimes happened to some members of this site (I won �t tell the names because it �s not one person only and unfortunately it was a very common situation until the new rules were written and the fights on the forun were forbidden). He tried to make peace and not to fight.

That is why I think Alex should stay ( at least with his new account). I don �t know if my opinion means anything here. But I hope Victor will take it to considiration.

Best wishes,
Natalia

6 Dec 2010     

douglas
United States

I say start reloading your old worksheets (not the copied ones) and you will soon have lots of points once again.

Douglas

6 Dec 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

Douglas, if this sort of advice is in spirit with the rules and principles of this site, Victor might as well stop banning people or cancelling accounts. If a ban only leads to an almost identical new name and identity and an uploading of all the old worksheets (which people might download because they consider them to be new but forget that they already downloaded them a while ago), the whole thing is a game that is nothing more but a little time-consuming punishment. 
imagine if "cauffeepot" came back as "teacup" and started her old game all over again?

6 Dec 2010     

zailda
Brazil

I agree with elderberrywine, if the account is cancelled the member shouldn �t have the right to open another one. Of course the webmaster can - at his discretion - allow a second account if he believes the member deserves a second chance.

Since so many members supported Alex telling Victor that despite of the fact he made a mistake infringing the rules (and mistakes are - maybe - the major human characteristic), I assume he decided to let him stay with his new account.

I �m sure he �ll respect the rules now and read carefully the ones he didn �t understand. By reuploading his worksheets he �ll soon get a great number of points because they �re among the top quality ones in many members � POV.

Welcome back, Alex!

Hope to see you in the moderating page soon.

Have a nice day!

6 Dec 2010     

Sonn
Russian Federation

Well I don �t think that Alex �s activity and help (!) on the site can be compared with the one of cauffeepot. On some sites there is a 1 month ban as a punishment for breaking the rules. If after that punishment the person breaks the rules at least once, s/he is banned forever.  Maybe the same can be done with the members who Victor considers to be worth being here inspite of uploading wrong wss. I think it should be for administrator �s cosideration only. But it �s just my opinion.

6 Dec 2010     

douglas
United States

Elderberry-I brought up the same idea a while back in the forum and it didn �t seem to be the popular choice. So, I �ve adapted to the community norms.

Douglas

PS- the problem is that it is next to impossible to prevent someone from starting a new account under a new name--even in the extreme cases where their ISP has been blocked, they can get a new provider.

6 Dec 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

@sonn : Victor will be attacked no end if he decides to make a distinction between people wo are worthy of breaking the rules (and may remain) and those who aren �t (and are banned from the site).

That would mean opening the doors to arbitrariness and to lots of fights - and he is too wise a man not to see that danger.

6 Dec 2010     

elprofe55
Argentina

Thanks Natalia and other members for their support!

... but for some reason I don �t mind what @elderberryWINE is saying!Wink

6 Dec 2010     

Katiapulko
Ukraine

Hi everyone, sorry for interrupting but this topic reflects to some degree my question. Do you happen to know, how many reports one must get to be banned??

10 Dec 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4