Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Tsunami, earthquakes & possible nuclear disaster in Japan    

Tsunami, earthquakes & possible nuclear disaster in Japan

alien boy
Japan

Tsunami, earthquakes & possible nuclear disaster in Japan

Hi everyone,

Japan is suffering major crises at the moment. For anyone who wants to know what is happening I recommend checking this site:

regards from Japan,
AB

13 Mar 2011      

Mar0919
Mexico

Thank you for the link, AB... our hearts and prayers are with all our colleagues from Japan, and we �re very happy that you are all OK!!! Please stay safe, and take care!!!

Hugs,

Mar

13 Mar 2011     

Kohaku
Japan

I hope you stay safe. We are concerned about the current aftermath. The nuclear plant is so scary.

13 Mar 2011     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I have been watching the news and am at a loss for words.  Our thoughts and prayers are with you and the people of Japan. 

13 Mar 2011     

alien boy
Japan

Where are you Kohaku?

I�m in Saitama & it�s very quiet here... apart from the news, occasional aftershocks & military flights overhead you�d never know there was a disaster happening...

My heart goes out to all the families affected & thanks to all those providing aid & support.

If you �re in Japan you can donate at Mizuho Bank. I�ll look soon & add some organisations for international donations.

regards,
AB

Minamisanriku sounds like the saddest place... 10,000 people reported missing out of a 17,500 population. Hopefully the number is only so high because all records have been destroyed by the tsunami & difficulty in reaching evacuation centres, even by helicopter...

a few more pictures:

latest roundup of news from Japan:

13 Mar 2011     

Kohaku
Japan

I hear there is a 70% chance of another magnitude 7 quake in the next 3 days.

13 Mar 2011     

alien boy
Japan

could well be another one... it �s like there �S a chain reaction within the plates & they all have to settle back into some sort of balance...

everything ok around your way?

2 interesting links - Richter Scale & local Japanese scale:

13 Mar 2011     

serene
Greece

Kohaku and alien boy, the whole world shares the grief and anxiety of the Japanese people.

My heart goes out to the people suffering. I �m praying there will be no more disasters.

Thanks for the links, alien boy!

13 Mar 2011     

Errie
Japan

I �m in Fukushima just below Sendai and we feel after shocks every 2/3 hours.

@Kohaku, you are correct about that. We can do nothing about that other than waiting till it �s over and hope that there �s not so much dammage. Mother nature does what she wants....

13 Mar 2011     

alien boy
Japan

I �m keeping everything crossed for you guys up there...

before/after photos if anyone wants to look:

just hover your mouse over the pictures...

other links:

and some amazing good news about a rescue: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/03/13/3162808.htm

13 Mar 2011     

mariannina
Italy

A.B. I was about to send you a message. Thank you for the information about Japan and yourself. Is there anything we can do to help?
Ciao.
Mariannina

13 Mar 2011     

1    2    3    Next >