Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > SOMEONE IS COPYING MY LAY OUTS    

SOMEONE IS COPYING MY LAY OUTS

nora85
Egypt

every one should make effort to create his sheet.it is not difficult to insert your own boxes and your own font and title so why should a member copy others lay out even if i did an effort to search for such backgrounds why didn �t she do the same?
check the properties of her sheet you will see that she just removed my work and put hers
we must support each others against people who just take our sheets and put their work in them(they are our layouts)

11 Jul 2011     

farhoud
Tunisia

no dear nora i created the questions  and all the members say that i didn �t do a big thing and dear we can share with each other the lay outs and the pictures.  we are friends , sisters  and i feel that we are  pupils in the same class we help each other and finally i apologize  and  i didn �t take anything from you .

11 Jul 2011     

tech_teacher
Bahamas

It is against the RULES to use another member �s layout!  To download someone �s work ... erase the text...  then insert your own is AGAINST the rule.  Especially when you don �t even bother to say a simple thank you when downloading.(MHO) And no ....  not ALL members agree that is was O.K. for you to do!

11 Jul 2011     

farhoud
Tunisia

she didn �t let me the occasion say thanks  directly she wants to delete my account  i �m really sorry for her

11 Jul 2011     

MapleLeaf
Canada

Nora 85, I think it �s a compliment to your work that it has been �stolen � as a layout and used for the ws. Somebody liked your work and wants his work to be that likable too. Why not to share? ;) Plus, there �re many layouts that are being offered by the theachers for free. I don �t think something terrible happened. On the contrary, it �s a big complement to you. You �re like a great designer who �s being copied!!! As the last resort, if you don �t like it, you can contact that person and talk to him/her...

Cheer up!
It �s not worth worrying about.

11 Jul 2011     

farhoud
Tunisia

what  i will do  that the esl printables give me back my own worksheet to have my  points .

11 Jul 2011     

GIOVANNI
Canada

You can find the same type of layout in many composition picture workbooks.  Some have 4 boxes, some 6 and some 8.  I think some of our inspirations come from what we see in books, and there is nothing wrong with that as long as we are not copying the words.  The layout is what we make on our own from seeing a similar picture and putting our own input into it.

11 Jul 2011     

farhoud
Tunisia

but  why  the ESL printables delete my worksheet????    i m  unhappy .

11 Jul 2011     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

@farhoud,
 I am sorry to hear the ws was removed. I voted against removal because nora hasn �t answered my question and (except the pink background I was asking her about) there is nothing special about the layout. 

11 Jul 2011     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Farhound you could saved yourself a headache just by making your own squares and using your own fonts, or asking permission.  The reason your worksheet was taken out is because you used Nora �s worksheet directly and it had her name on the properties.         

11 Jul 2011     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >