Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Need the video subtitles. Please help to understand me 15 seconds of the dialogue!    

Need the video subtitles. Please help to understand me 15 seconds of the dialogue!

LadyW
Russian Federation

Need the video subtitles. Please help to understand me 15 seconds of the dialogue!

Hi everyone
I need help and I would be immensely grateful to you if you help me to hear every word in the dialogue in this video:
It is difficult for me to understand the dialogue because i can �t distinguish some words. 
Thank you in advance.

28 Dec 2011      

starrr
Brazil

Hi, there is a BUTTON where u can click under any video on youtube named CC on the bottom of the video, when u click on it you can bring the subtitles of all dialogs in the video. use it and you will get all words and sentences to understand what is being told on it. Use also the PAUSE Button as well to help you and give you time to read and listen and write the words in a document on ms-word (the script of the dialog) being said. VOIL� now you get it by yourself.

SEE IT IN THE PICTURE BELOW:

good luck!

28 Dec 2011     

LadyW
Russian Federation

Thank you! useful...but not in this case..ufortunately

28 Dec 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

ha-ha, funny what computer technology makes of the human speech:)
Just curious: why particularly this one?
BTW If I�m not mistaken, one of the men in the video is a host of the "Kitchen Chemistry" show... 
Nope, I am not mistaken, see here  http://www.yourdiscovery.com/science/kitchen_chemistry/ 
Have you tried to decipher the speech wearing headphones?
Sophia

28 Dec 2011     

LadyW
Russian Federation

Yes. It �s Heston Blumenthal and his Chemistry) 
I was trying to do everything and can �t understan what were they talking about before the second man asked: "Really? Seriously?" What was the phrase pronounced with the simulation of wisper! Just this phrase!

28 Dec 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

beats me:) "I wonder... blah-blah":)
C�mon, native speakers, please help!!!!
Sophia

28 Dec 2011     

yanogator
United States

There was talk about "I wonder if he �ll offer us a bacon sannie?"  ("sannie" being slang for sandwich).

Bruce

28 Dec 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Thank you, Bruce!!! I heard the "sannie" but would have never figured out the spellingEmbarrassed
I �m sure Liuba will be happy to know that as well:)
Sophia

28 Dec 2011     

spinney
United Kingdom

Here you go!:

Bald man: You know, Graham, as we were driving up here  we were � there was talk about �I wonder if he�ll offer us a bacon sarnie!�

Graham: Really? Seriously?

Bald man: So I think it was music to our ears afterwards, when you said, �Oh, do you fancy a bacon sandwich?

That�s pretty hard to beat, that!

Wink 100% correct, by the way. Me and the Mrs checked it.

28 Dec 2011     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Dear Lady W.

"You know ... Graham ... as we were driving up here, we ... ... we were ... ... there was talk about:  (whispered),  �Oh, I wonder if he �ll offer us a Bacon Sarny? �  ( �Bacon Sarny � = slang for �Bacon Sandwich �)

"Really?  Seriously?"

"So I think it was real music to our ears after these days off"

"Oh, Good!"

" �Do you fancy a Bacon Sandwich? �. ... ... ... That �s pretty hard to beat, that!"

Les

28 Dec 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

LES

You are a WONDER.

Apart from " seriously " or some other words like, I BET I didn �t hear anything like what you have just written.

That �s why I feel so bad, so ashamed, so guilty, just because when you speak.... I don �t understand what you say.

If it �s written, that �s good and fair, I can understand, but these Censored  accents of everyone and everywhere just makes me go danzling..
I CAN �T SPEAK ENGLISH

Thanks, Les, anyway, the video is not useful for me, but it has just brought me to real life - I can �t understand the usual English language - sad news for an esl teacher.

Hugs, Les, I �ll call you back whenever I need some itsy bitty help.

Love you and you being always available to help when difficult , hard things show up

Linda

29 Dec 2011     

1    2    3    Next >