Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Who stole my picture?    

Who stole my picture?

VictorOK
Russian Federation

Who stole my picture?

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=127490 Who is Tatiana and why she is using my picture http://www.photoline.ru/photo/1183405664 without any references or my permission? Moreover she notes there about copyrites! Please, help me to remove this illegally used picture from here!

25 May 2012      

ascincoquinas
Portugal

Hi Victor!

No one can solve your problem, except Victor Gayol the owner of this site. So I suggest you send him a PM or an email. His contact is on the left page of this site.

Hope this helps and good luck to you.

25 May 2012     

Jayho
Australia

It does appear that your photo has been used and that you have every right to request its removal.

Only Victor Gayol can help you.

25 May 2012     

Sonn
Russian Federation

About a year ago, when Liz uploaded a template with a picture which was made by her but looked like someone �s copyrighted one, and the template was reported I asked if anyone here could be punished for having a picture on the avatar.  It seems the moment has come! Halleluijah!

BTW, the copyright mark is not for the avatar, but for the worksheet. This mark appears automatically under EVERY ws on the site and the ws had been uploaded before the the new rules appeared. And there wasn �t any copyright marks in 2008 here.

I just wonder if everyone is to give credit for their avatars now? Are we to use public domain pictures for them? Are we to report every person who doesn �t use such pictures?

Let �s have another wonderful rule for the avatars. I �m looking forward to have it as soon as possible!

25 May 2012     

Jayho
Australia

The author of the post has every right to question the use of his photo without his permission.

Nothing has been said or implied about punishment or use of avatars. 

25 May 2012     

manonski (f)
Canada

Her last upload was December 2010. I don �t know if she still visits this site.  Like others have told you, you should get in contact with the owner of the site because he �s the only one who can remove her avatar picture.

25 May 2012     

Sonn
Russian Federation

Jayho, his picture is on Tatiana�s avatar that is why it �s a question of using avatars.

25 May 2012     

Jayho
Australia

I can see that - his question is simply about using his picture without his permission or appropriate citation.

Your issue is much deeper - you seem to be implying punishment/rules for such actions and you seem to be demanding an answer now.  You seem to have taken a general enquiry and blown it out of proportion with sarcasm.  Maybe I am interpreting this wrong but this is how I see your response.

25 May 2012     

Sonn
Russian Federation

Yes, it was said with sarcasm. I just wonder how anything can be stolen (see the headline) on the Internet if it is not protected from copying on the site (photoline) where the image was uploaded. Tatiana used the picture without permission but didn �t steal it. There isn �t any sign on photoline from which a person can see that using the picture for an avatar is forbidden. There isn�t a copyright sign, there isn�t any sentence which says "using of the picture in any way without the author�s permission is forbidden". So some users may think that they can use the pictures at least for the avatars.

Of course the owner of the picture has the right to demand deleting of the picture from here but I think he should choose the words while writing the headline and contact either Tatiana or Victor.

I don �t imply punishment because, as I have already mentioned,  it was said with sarcasm. I still remember all those copyright battles here and I wonder if anyone is going to fight again because I remember all that ridiculous fuss around Liz �s template.

25 May 2012     

edrodmedina
United States

I don �t know how anyone would dare use someone else �s avatar w/o permission.

25 May 2012     

languaria
Germany

Dear VictorOK,

do you know, how many sites show your photo???

Look here:  your photo

I �m quite sure, Tatiana didn �t even know that it is your pic...

25 May 2012     

1    2    3    Next >