Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Star Worksheets and Activities - The Best From Last Year    

Star Worksheets and Activities - The Best From Last Year

frenchfrog
France

And no, I did not judge you!!!! These worksheets were useful TO YOU, they were not particularly useful TO ME because of the type of students I have this year.

20 Feb 2009     

MissMelissa12
Peru

your whole reply was rude - You suggested I shouldnt have posted the links of the worksheets I found useful also you kind of claimed that those links were not USEFUL, judging what I find useful or not.

I am never in these popularity or advertising worksheets. But whenver someone suggests a worksheet, I check it and if I find them useful, FINE!  if not well I just dont download them. But I NEVER reply saying...n your are wrong that DOES NOT WORK!

I dont think this a correct attitude. Nobody critized your worksheet. None of those were my worksheets but I think the people whose worksheets I posted deserve respect.

20 Feb 2009     

frenchfrog
France

No, that was not what I meant and am sorry you took it that way.

20 Feb 2009     

frenchfrog
France

God!!!!!

20 Feb 2009     

frenchfrog
France

I never said these worksheets were wrong!
Where did you read that?????????

20 Feb 2009     

MissMelissa12
Peru

I sent you a message first askign you what your reply meant, because It was really strange your reply to me. You never answered to me.

Just I dont think you should have replied saying those worksheets were not useful. And... we all agreed on advertise old worksheets. Isnt it what this person is doing? Which I think is a good way to refresh of old worksheets.

20 Feb 2009     

MissMelissa12
Peru

It would be great and I �d appreciate it if you explain me what your reply meant. Because I dont get the original message of your reply.

AND 3 people have messaged me on the PM so far to thank me for the links I send which they found useful. Which tells these worksheets are indeed useful for many of us.

20 Feb 2009     

frenchfrog
France

Please, read carefully! If you advertise a printable meant for young children, it is very likely that it will not interest members who teach older students (even adults) and vice versa. IT DOES NOT MEAN THE PRINTABLE IS BAD!!!!

The thing is that, everyday, EVERYBODY could give the list of his/her favourite links. Imagine how many posts we could have. And what about in ten years � time? Will you check all the printables on February 20th, 2009, 2010, ..., 2019 and give the links?

20 Feb 2009     

Pinky Makus
Canada

I am sorry.  I see the title of my post was not accurate.  I didn �t mean to recommend sheets that were the Best.   There are so many sheets that it would not be  possible to pick just one.  I should have said that I just want to recommend some that I like and others may want to look at in case they missed them the first time.

I also want to say that I tend to choose sheets that are brightly colored, good for conversation or good for very young learners.  I am sure that will leave out many sheets that focus more on grammar and are for older students.  That is why I wanted some help.  I am only one person.   Thank you French Frog for your comments (and others too).  When I recommend worksheets I only want to recommend a few.  I am sure if more that 10 of them are great it would just be easier to say, Please look at the contributions from this date last year because there are so many good ones to choose from.

You will see that I sometimes leave really short messages.  I do that because I am at home with my son and I don �t have time for long chats or forum games.  I try to comment when I can.

Thanks for your time.

P.S.  If recommending old sheets on the forum becomes a problem and takes up too much space, I would be glad to recommend my favourite sheets to some people by private message or email if anyone is interested.

20 Feb 2009     

frenchfrog
France

But you will also find other members who will tell you that they did not need these worksheets!!!!! I am glad they found them useful for their pupils / students!!!

"3 people have messaged me on the PM " ... and? What are you trying to tell me?

20 Feb 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >