Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > IT ´S NICE TO BE IMPORTANT, BUT IT ´S MORE IMPORTANT TO BE NICE!!!    

IT ´S NICE TO BE IMPORTANT, BUT IT ´S MORE IMPORTANT TO BE NICE!!!

Damielle
Argentina

Dear dragonfly,

in reference to this..

"It �s sad that some members seem to have taken the role of police officers or something for themselves. It looks like you are waiting for something bad to come up so that you can jump and accuse!!!"

... it seem to me that you have forgotten that one of the roles of "Premium members" is to report all the uploads that do not abide by the rules of the site. We are not just "jumping  and accusing!!!" . We are trying to keep the spirit of the site and looking after the quality of the worksheets uploaded. What would happen if one day "aaaaaaaaaaall" of us decide to upload pictures pasted on a word document, stolen wss from other members, or wss taken from other sites?? what would be the aim of belonging to  this site???

Everybody has the duty and right to report those wss which are not right and domnitza is doing that!!! Even more. She is one of the most productive and creative members of this site!!! She works hard and her worksheets are downloaded by many people. Who downloads them??? Don �t you think that she also has the right to download creative ,original wss from other members???

15 Mar 2009     

frenchfrog
France

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

15 Mar 2009     

MissMelissa12
Peru

Well, it is true that some teachers here think they are the POLICE OFFICERS of eslprintables. And yes, some teacher are just hungry and craving for the time to accuse someone and tend to give examples of MORAL and BEST TEACHER ATTITUDES, and so.

However,it is very important also that we can keep this site clean and with ESL materials of quality - at least for the ones who like and care of this site. This site is OUR site, not only the site of the � �POLICE OFFICERS � � but every single teacher whose worksheets have ever been uploaded at least once. And I think this is the point here now in this post.

Nobody on this site can say IM RIGHT and YOU ARE WRONG... I agree wiht you drangonfly in that aspect. But it is important we find out if this person really scanned the pictures and worksheets or it is just a dirty speculation. If he just copied then of course- and im sure you agree with this- he should be told that is not right, and not because I , one or two members say so but rather because of the rules set by VICTOR on the site.

Miss Melissa. Hug

15 Mar 2009     

frenchfrog
France

Exactly! Let �s keep this site unique and special!

Many new members usually write messages like �Wow, I �ve never seen a site like this!! �
I don �t like seeing things I can get for free elsewhere...

We have so many treasures here. Let �s increase our PERSONAL resources!

15 Mar 2009     

silvanija
Lithuania

MELISSA, you say that we should find out if elpapi scans pics? Yes, he/she does. The author of those books is DIANE HOOK. There are many books of hers:  http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/ref=ntt_athr_dp_sr_1?%5Fencoding=UTF8&search-type=ss&index=books&field-author=Dianne%20Hook

May be elpapi is Diane Hook?

15 Mar 2009     

dragonfly2
Portugal

Damielle,

of course I think so. And she can too! Because there is an ENORMOUS number of good worksheets every single day. My point is: why don �t we focus on those? And my point is also that even though some worksheets don �t really abide by the rules of the site, they can still suit some members. People who download them aren �t harming you or me, are they???? So, who cares??

I do know that we have the duty to report bad ws. But must we fill the forum with bad criticism? Isn �t a comment on the ws enough?

I guess what I mean is: live and let live. Don �t be so judgemental. And focus on the good things!!!!

15 Mar 2009     

frenchfrog
France

There would be too many good worksheets to focus on!!! WinkTongueLOL

15 Mar 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

The teachers who, in Miss Melissa�s words, "tend to give examples of MORAL and BEST TEACHER ATTITUDES" are the ones who want the best for this site.  They are hardworking professionals who want to see meaningful examples of wss and not only pretty pictures copied from elsewhere.  They are the ones who are not interested in taking advantage of everything.  They do not get hundreds of points by pasting pictures and they have all contributed with fantastic work.  They surely deserve more respect.

15 Mar 2009     

dragonfly2
Portugal

I do agree with you Miss Melissa, we should try to keep this wonderful site clean and in high quality. That �s exactly why I don �t like reading those bad comments and criticism all the time. Let �s leave the job of police officers to Victor, shall we? And enjoy the fantastic things that happen here every day!

15 Mar 2009     

MissMelissa12
Peru

I understand you drangonfly, It makes me sick too to see HUGE POSTS of people reporting a stolen worksheet , scaned or copied and then a HUGEEE explanations of moral and saying SHAME ON YOU ! SHAME ON YOU!! blah blah blah...

Maybe yes the comment below the worksheet should be enough. Im sure everybody writes comments.  But then again...Forums are supposed to be like this (joking)

I appreciate some people warn us but you are right, this topic is  so darn touched....

what else could we do?

P.S If we comment sth is stolen, sopied or scaned. It should be a MUST to say where from.

Miss Melissa. Hug

15 Mar 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >