Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Just an idea.    

Just an idea.

eng789
Israel

Just an idea.

I would like you all to try an experiment.  Go to

Search users

Username:

and pick any country. 

The contributors are listed in order of most downloaded to least downloaded.  Scroll down and go to the last listing.  Start counting how many people are registered but have never contirbuted a ws.  The lists are long.  They must be taking up tons of space in the site.  I �ve suggested this before.  Anyone who has registered but never uploaded a ws after  x - time could be deleted.

23 Apr 2009      

carlaaguiarsilva
Portugal

Thank you for the tip Wink It made me understand why there are more users than worksheets! There are tons of users who haven �t done a single contribution for the site! I �m very happy to be on page 11 Big smile Greetings from Portugal and keep up the excellent work!

23 Apr 2009     

dennismychina
China

I think it�s really up to Victor to decide that as I�m sure that there is some sort of value for memberships when evaluating the worth of a website. And there are �companies� which do evaluations of websites. Per chance, some months ago I saw an evaluation of this site posted.

But by all means send Victor a message, he has possibly overlooked that very valid point.

I tried what you suggested and it is quite amazing. From page 6 of 74 pages all members have 0 points.

23 Apr 2009     

carlaaguiarsilva
Portugal

Thank you for the tip Wink It made me understand why there are more users than worksheets! There are tons of users who haven �t done a single contribution for the site! I �m very happy to be on page 11 Big smile Greetings from Portugal and keep up the excellent work!

23 Apr 2009     

Zora
Canada

Did you know there are close to 700 pages  (691 to be exact) of Canadians and after page 69 all are either with 1 point or zero points! That �s about 3000 (5 members per page times 600) accounts that are clogging the system!!  Wacko

23 Apr 2009     

alex1968
Greece

As a nation we seem to be reluctant to upload...

p16-p100 = 0 points!!!!

The mathematics is too mindboggling!!!!

But like Dennis pointed out, there might be a reason for Victor not to delete users who don �t upload ws.  It might be something to do with site ratings etc.

23 Apr 2009     

eng789
Israel

Obviously this was just an idea.  If it isn �t possible, then it isn �t possible. 

I just thought that - if we got rid of all the 0-contributors then the site wouldn �t be so full and we wouldn �t have to upset our hardworking members by deleting their ws.

23 Apr 2009     

aldanaVenadoTuerto
Argentina

559 pages of Argentinean users...more than 200 (after 352 i stopped counting) of users with 0 downloads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That �s 3500 users!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I checked on page 108 and the users have only 2 downloads!!!!!!!  I �m HAPPILY PLACED on page 3....but that is not a huge achievement since i only have 1400 or so point...that means that MOST of the argentinean members have never posted a single ws!!!!!

This seems too much, doesn �t it!?!?!??!?

23 Apr 2009     

douglas
United States

Here"s the count for the USA:

PAGEs  1-169= 2 or more points

PAGEs 169-224= 1 point

Pages 224-3657 (three thousand six hundred and fifty seven!)= 0 points

23 Apr 2009     

xcharo
Spain

The same for Spanish accounts. From page 258 to 1483, 0 points
What a waste!