Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Sorry to bring this up..............    

Sorry to bring this up..............

libertybelle
United States

Sorry to bring this up..............

But I got bumped off the board and I think that Miss Illinois should read this even though she deleted her message:

Here is the gist of this whole misery in my opinion.

A while back this site �s server was overloaded and lots of members sent money to help buy a newer and bigger server. It was discussed that there are many duplicate and empty worksheets overloading the server and it would help to "clean house".

At the same time, almost every day someone was stealing another person �s worksheets and uploading them as their own. This theft made a lot of members both sad and angry.
It was getting totally out of hand.

Then Victor created the moderator system because he probably didn �t have time to read countless contributions and many of the most contributing members (those with over 1000 points) are helping him out here.

Another problem is that many people just don �t read the rules. They blindly become members, make mistakes and scream for help about uploads and points. This was also getting the point of being ridiculous. It takes 5 minutes to read the rules.

You write that many are leaving the site. How the heck do you know? huh? There are thousands of members here who contribute worksheets and download without ever having written on the messageboard. We are truly the minority here - so don �t pull the "everyone �s leaving" card here, because you have no idea what you are writing about.

and last but not least...............
I am a very  patient person, but your nazi remark was way out of line and only reflects back on you.
So get a grip, make some good worksheets and stop complaining.
Take a little responsibility for your stuff and stop pointing the blame at others.
And you know what?
I don �t get where you think people are being rude. I just think they are being honest.
I didn �t see one rude word in those comment boxes.
L

27 Apr 2009      

MissMelissa12
Peru

I think we should not give too many credits for something that is very clear.

This new system of deleting worksheets according to some users opinions is getting people mad. However, if we dont have anything to worry about, if we are sure of our worksheets quality then we should just agree.

It is true that people on the forum are rude and some teachers think they are the best sometimes. But...it does not happen with the 100% of the users.

Let �s all calm down and, let miss Ilinios fix her problem with Victor and that �s it. We all participate and get things worse.

No matter what we say or we do, that �s not going to change MissIlinios point of view.

Let �s calm down and work, the time we waste fighting, we could employ it making another GREAT worksheet.

Peace out!

Hug

27 Apr 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

Libertybelle! �I know that you are always so patient here and that anything that you have posted made �good sense. I for one support you fully in what you are saying. I believe that many more agree with you too. Why oh why...do people find it so hard to read and to abide by the rules ?? �At times we do find rude remarks from the moderators but it is not the norm. �There were certainly no remarks, that could in any way be concidered rude in the report that you referred to. �So much space is being used used up by those who refuse to conform to Victor �s rules. �Yes..some people need to take a look at themselves here before they point the finger at the moderators who are doing their utmost to help make this site an even more wonderful place for us to benifit from and to enjoy a bit of fun while doing so.
Take a bow Libertybelle..I admire you.

Caroline�Clap

27 Apr 2009     

pmca
Portugal

I agree with you, Libertybelle!

Come on, people! OBEY VICTOR �S RULES!

Let �s stop all the whining and complaining about the moderators � actions.

Worksheets that are reported unjustly will not be removed. Those which have failed to meet this website �s regulations will have to be removed. It is as simple as that.

Instead of complaining, why don �t we all put more effort into our worksheets? It would definitely be more productive!

Have a nice week!

Paula Smile

27 Apr 2009     

Nelssa
Ukraine

I am afraid you are wrong, dear Paula!

You write,"
Worksheets that are reported unjustly will not be removed. Those which have failed to meet this website �s regulations will have to be removed. It is as simple as that."
Not that simple I am sorry to say...
I have lost something like 115 points...
Would you like to read the comments?!

not esl resource

Just a frame

A frame, a border or a single drawing is not an ESL resource. Remember that this website is not a clipart collection

Dont remove, it is a NICE ws!

Has the author changed it a little bit?? If Im not mistaken, yesterday, it was a frame. Now it shouldnt be removed!!!

THIS SHOULD NOT BE REMOVED AS THE AUTHOR HAS ADAPTED IT FROM BEING JUST A FRAME. I dont know whether it is too late now or not though as I dont know when it was reported or how many people have seen the old version or this new adapted version... Tricky.... because in its CURRENT form it should definitely stay.

I dont know how it looked before but right now, it isnt just a frame.

I agree with the comment above, there is content, not just a border

it is an esl-material!!! it should not be removed!!!

This is an ESL resource. Chilli

Dont remove, its a nice ws and it is definitely an esl resource

http://www.eslprintables.com/moderatorscomments.asp?id=141268&tipo=printables

And the worksheet was REMOVED ALL THE SAME!
It does not liook that fair, does it?!

28 Apr 2009     

anaisabel001
Spain

I also agree with you, Libertybelle!!!

LET �S...

28 Apr 2009     

Kita19
Portugal

pmca:

I can �t agree with you when you say that "worksheets that are reported unjustly will not be removed". I had one reported unjustly and it HAS BEEN removed... Unhappy

Of course new members should take time to read the rules and follow them, but we, moderators, (and I´m including myself here) should pay even more attention to the rules for reporting worksheets. Let´s do our best! 

28 Apr 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Oh gz, Silke! (sigh) How can you say such a thing!

"When reading some posts on the forum these days, I sometimes get the impression that people contribute their work for the one and only reason that they can gain as many points as possible... Ermm"

Of course we live for those points! Take ME for example! I crave them! They �re my food!
I cannot sleep at night. I wake up during the night and my mind starts racing: "Will i get more points? Is someone downloading my work? Maybe those people in different time zones? Ooooh, i need to check! Oh i need to! I know! I can do a number 1 and with that excuse given to my hubby, sneak to the living room, turn on the pc and take the sedative - the look at the number of my points rising. Aaaaah. What a relief... The number is getting bigger. I �d better go to bed and get up for another number 1 before the clock goes off ..."
Don �t YOU feel the same? Am i lonely in feeling this way???
Help me! Somebody help me, please!

28 Apr 2009     

zoemorosini
United States

Can �t people just upload again, especially if they �ve changed it and it �s now an ESL resource?  They can still get points that way...

By the way, Ivona, you�re hilarious--and so on the money--!  This place is an addiction...

28 Apr 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

"Thank you, dear Silke. I �m finally saved." said Ivona �s poor hubby, utterly relieved that he won�t have to listen to any more lies and excuses that kept him awake during the night ...

28 Apr 2009     

valfairyrose
Uruguay

Ivona... i �m almost like you... but i try to sleep all night because in other case my students will jump in my back the entire day. But i check my account during breakfast, in my morning job and before school, after school, before dinner and after dinner, before correcting homework and after it. And of course before go to bed too.
It �s true, I �ve been here for 2 weeks, and it is impossible... I can �t leave this site...
HELP!!!!!!
I want more points! and of course i try to leave at least 20 of my free ones...

"You �re not the only one... you �re not the only one..." ("november rain" - guns n roses)

jiji
Kisses

Val

P.D. I �ll be back... before bed.

28 Apr 2009     

1    2    3    Next >