Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > ABOUT COMMENTS...    

ABOUT COMMENTS...

exiliser
Turkey

ABOUT COMMENTS...

Since the day I registered this site I see an ocean of wonderful contribuitons. I remember the times when I was looking forward to becoming a premium member. Now I get those incredibly beautiful worksheets and powerpoints. Thank you very much for this.
What I want to mention is that one of my criteria to download a worksheet is the comments made about it. Of course I read the description made by the owner of the worksheet, but wouldn �t it be better that we can read more detailed comments than just saying thanks. The comments of different people will be objective and very useful in my opininon. I know it takes time to write so long, but isn �t it worth writing and reading comments which gives real opinions???

7 May 2009      

Ivona
Serbia

Comments or no comments!
 Leaving comments...
 Another "never ending story" : COMMENTS!!!!!
 FEEDBACK / COMMENTS / REINFORCEMENT
 poor amount of comments
 Please at least write some comments!!
Comments
 comments
and the list goes on and on and on ... get my point? Wink
if you want more, go here:
http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/search.asp?query=comments&username=&fromday=0&frommonth=0&fromyear=0&today=0&tomonth=0&toyear=0&page=1
(you can always do it yourself if you type the key word in the search engine at the bottom of the page) Thumbs Up

7 May 2009     

me_fig
Canada

I agree that useful coments are better.  Of course I appreciate when people say thank-you, however it is not productive.  Sometimes I see an upload that reminds me of another game that can be done with it or something related to it.  Comments are a great place to share ideas or ways of improvement.

7 May 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

exiliser, you say in your thread that one of your criteria is the comments left by others. My guess is you �re probably missing some great worksheets for your students because of the lack of comments on some sheets you might have downloaded.

I �m not one of these people who leave constructive comments. However, I always leave a thank you or a mark of my appreciation because what I download saves me time and will be useful for my students.  When I chose a sheet to download, it �s not about what other people might think about it, it �s about my students and the levels I teach.

I �d rather have a thank you than nothing at all.

8 May 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Victor, maybe, if you get the opportunity, you should work on that �Thank you � button for downloads - something that will register a �Thank you �, leave the name of the thanker & give a nice message on the download page saying something like �Your upload is really appreciated! xxx members have thanked you. These are their names: x,y,z,..... �

That would leave the comments for constructive things & still give people a really warm & fuzzy feeling (& knowledge) that their work is appreciated.

CHeers,
AB

8 May 2009     

zailda
Brazil

When we comment after downloading we are leaving a subjective opinion, based on what we can see from the ws "window". I �m not a patient person and don �t wait until all the pages load to see their content. Maybe only the first page and the explanation on how to use it, the title, etc.

We only can leave an objective comment after using the ws, so we can see if the exercises or grammar points really work. Sometimes I leave a simple comment just saying "thanks" and when I print & use the ws I realize how awesome, useful and enjoyable it is.

Wss that I might consider not a real ESL resource may be useful to other teachers, so I don �t pay much attention to their comments, only if there is a "stolen" report on them.

8 May 2009