Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > I īm really sad...    

I īm really sad...

Isabelucha
Portugal

I īm really sad...

I īm sad... you know? :-( Some days ago I read a post which mentioned that people don īt leave comments on the worksheets they download, and it īs true. I īve noticed that too. Besides Mariannina (THANK U SO MUCH) who posted a simple but nice comment, not many people do. And this is not a very nice thing to do. I think everybd needs to be encouraged. Come on, let īs act as a real community! :-)

14 May 2009      

_babz
Canada

ya, it does feel pretty good to get some feedback or a thank you, I agree!

If it makes you feel any better, I work with someone who takes my exercises, and just looks me in the face, no thank you, no nothing, no acknowledgement of any kind, your typical moocher teacher who expects others to do the work....(I īve obviously stopped sharing, but what really surprises me is that he doesn īt of this site īs existence, that īs how clueless he is)

anyway, take care.

14 May 2009     

Isabelucha
Portugal

Thank you for caring, tbabz, really. :-) It really is bad to use other people īs work and say nothing, but... this is the world we live in. Anyway I believe that, as teachers, we shouldn īt have that kind of attitude, too. We should try to change that. That īs why we are teahers, isn īt it? Another thing: I also read your presentation and I agree with U: there are really bad people who are reporting Ws just because... Why are people always trying to frame others?? Where īs the fun in that?? Thumbs Down
Well, have a good night sleep, here from Portugal Wink

14 May 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

There are lots of simple things a person can type: TY, TYVM, Nice or even TA (a short form of Thank you in the UK). All of these show gratitude and take little time to type.   We have to go to the comments page to download anyway. So, why not take a few extra SECONDS and say one of those?  It is nice to see a TY comment when you log in.

14 May 2009     

exiliser
Turkey

I am really happy now that I hear people agree with me about making comments after several days I already mentioned this. Thank you so much.

14 May 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

"I am really happy now that I hear people agree with me about making comments after several days I already mentioned this. Thank you so much."
it seems that exiliser read all the posts i referred her/him to them, and i guess isabelucha could do the same. you īre not alone ...

Comments or no comments!
 Leaving comments...
 Another "never ending story" : COMMENTS!!!!!
 FEEDBACK / COMMENTS / REINFORCEMENT
 poor amount of comments
 Please at least write some comments!!
Comments
 comments
and the list goes on and on and on ... get my point? Wink
if you want more, go here:
http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/search.asp?query=comments&username=&fromday=0&frommonth=0&fromyear=0&today=0&tomonth=0&toyear=0&page=1
(you can always do it yourself if you type the key word in the search engine at the bottom of the page) Thumbs Up

14 May 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Interestingly, too, when you look at the number of members in the site, the number of people who talk in the forum & the number of comments/īthank youīs that are left... I believe youīre only discussing this with a minority of members. Statistically other members have reported a 15-20% comment rate on their highly downloaded worksheets. So, while you will get some agreement in the forum discussions, there are not actually very many people who actually do this (leave a comment) irrespective of what is either discussed in the forum or stated by members directly involved in the discussions.

Still, it is good to get it off your chest, so to speak - even if it is one of those ongoing īproblems� which will never be resolved to your (or others�) satisfaction!

Cheers,
AB

14 May 2009