Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Worksheets copied in other websites    

Worksheets copied in other websites

Zora
Canada

Format is not the same thing as CONTENT! Can you speak Japanese? Are sure that everything is copied word for word from your worksheet??? I don �t think that is quite the same thing here AND according to the Berne convention, guess what THOSE are copyrighted too!! Because THEY are NOT in English and they might be different!! They just used a format they liked!!

Sorry but I really think that now things are being taken out of context...

2 Jun 2009     

urpillay
Spain

Taking things to far? Can I take the materials from a book, translate them and then publish them as my own material? I don �t think so, you can be taken to court. Our work is not publish in any publishing house but that doesn �t mean that other people can use it as they want!! It is our work!!

2 Jun 2009     

Katiana
Spain

I don�t understand Japanese but what I can�t understand either is the interest of certain members here of minimising the problem we are facing.

2 Jun 2009     

renca
Czech Republic

Hiya,

Jecika posted a link to a Japanese site with quite a lot of stuff from Eslprintables and I found my conversation cards there, so i sent them an email asking politely to remove the cards and here is the answer :

Dear Renata

Thank you for your email.  I have removed the file you are referring to.

I have uploaded a worksheet based on your original and have changed it enough so that your work hasn �t been plagiarised. 

Regards.
Japanese Teaching Ideas

So from this reply you can see that the contents wasn�t changed, but from now hopefully the webmaster or who else hides behind Japanese Teaching ideas will be more carefull with uploading somebody else s stuff.

2 Jun 2009     

Katiana
Spain

Thanks a lot Renca, this is a very useful information!!!!

2 Jun 2009     

gabitza
Romania

Victor,
You have proved it one more time what a wonderful person you are! You / WE have the best ESL site ever! Let �s keep it like that!
I may sound repetetive, but l ask you all, great teachers, not to let a couple of jerks ruin this. There is always a solution to our problems. Victor �s solution to the stolen WS is both sensible and fair.
Katiana, you have all rights to be upset. Very upset. You are entitled to take whatever action you want: keep sharing or stop contributing. You decide. Do not forget though that you have friends here and we are there for you as well as for the others. Sometimes, friends have different opinions, but this doesn �t mean that they are not there for you anymore.
Hugs,
Gabitza

2 Jun 2009     

Isabelucha
Portugal

Well, I �m still trying to understand if this is for real... Anyway I �d like to say, 1st - thank you Victor for helping us all, everytime anything unpleasant happens; you �re a great "Master"!  :-) 2nd - I completely agree with Katiana. She chose this site to share her work with all of us and we should support her and all those who feel stolen! We shouldn �t be here arguing if we are taking or not taking things too far! Things have already gone too far. And we must do somethg to stop that. I am still new in here but I really like this site and what I appreciate the most is the integrity of people. There are great teachers here who want to share their fantastic Ws without thinking if someone will publish it somewhere else! Geeezz! What is this?? For those who don �t care about this problem, just stop and think for a while before talking, please.

2 Jun 2009     

Katiana
Spain

Thanks my dear Gabitza, You know how much I appreciate you and your work Friends are always around when you need them and things like that make you see who a real friend is.

2 Jun 2009     

morganalin
Portugal

Hi I agree with Gabitza. I think that Victor �s idea is just great and enough to stop this kind os things. Victor you are just an amazing and sensitive person. It �s so sad to see that some respectful members of this comminity such as Mar and Katiana don �t want to download their wonderful ws. I hope that u can change your idea. We �re just waiting for your great ws.
Hugs,
Sara

2 Jun 2009     

Tere-arg
Argentina

The fact that our material is published on the net  is a valid proof that it belongs to us.
I have worked in Literature Forums for over 9 years and we have read everything connected with the subject.
Legally, it is a valid proof, but of course, your material is in a big window and anyone can take it and use it as they want without you being aware.

Now, unless you wish to publish a book or make profit of it in some other way in the future, it makes no sense to hide it.
Share the pride of being an artist as well as a good teacher. Your work is your personal card before anyone who knows...

2 Jun 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    Next >