Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Ranting again...    

Ranting again...

frenchfrog
France

Ranting again...

I thought the crisis was just an economic crisis� Seems Thank Yous are going through a crisis too�

missola

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=243431#thetop (downloaded 81 times, 15 comments)

fede117

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=243196#thetop (downloaded 22 times, 1 comment)

When two people SHARE, they normally KNOW EACH OTHER.

5 Jun 2009      

Katiana
Spain

I agree with you Frenchfrog. We have had this crisis for a long time and it seems it is not going to finish!!!

5 Jun 2009     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

I agree with you as well, frenchfrog. And I �m afraid it �s not going to change.
Some people just take, take and take and give nothing in return.
As you said, that �s not sharing. There �s another word to call that.

5 Jun 2009     

Isabelucha
Portugal

That �s right frenchfrog! The subject has been around many times, but people keep doing the same thing. It would be so much better if we could all be polite... like you are! (frenchfrog, Mar and Katiana... and many other ESL teachers!)

5 Jun 2009     

manuelanunes3
Portugal

Hi

I agree with you all but I guess there are many reasons why people don �t leave coments... maybe people are in a rush when they download, perhaps they think they have already left a comment and they move to the next download... we can not force people to do that and probably they will never change , no matter how many times you mention it.

Best wishes to you all

5 Jun 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Hiya, frenchfrog and others!
There �s no doubt we all agree on this one. BUT, �ranting � and complaining on the forum has not helped much (just as it was the case about the stolen ws), so why repeat it over and over again?
(Hmmm, by posting this, i will be contradicting myself because EYE am complaining AGAIN about complaining ... vicious circle, i know.)

5 Jun 2009     

alien boy
Japan

5 Jun 2009     

missola
Palestine

Hi dear Frenchfrog!

You are 100% right about what you �re saying about talking about it won �t change what people do. however, I have to say this: "I have noticed that there are a lot of active members who share their work and their opinions and are very active moderators who never leave a comment or a thank you to anyone. I think this is very strange because people can do this once in a while if they are so busy to thank or comment whenever they download anything. Am I right about this?

I have nothing more to say but at first I was not sure whether it is right or not to leave a comment here since you put my worksheet as an example.

Have a nice time all

Ola

5 Jun 2009     

David Lisgo
Japan

I promise to thank everyone and I promise not to complain when you don �t thank me.  Perhaps you downloaded and decided it was trash.  I trash half of my own worksheets myself.

5 Jun 2009     

ants
Switzerland

Hello Mar...welcome back!!Smile
Well, for me, when I �m in a rush...then of course, I can �t leave a message...I just don �t have time!! I try to note the name and send a message later on...but sometimes it �s not possible.
When I do have time...of course, I always say "Thank you".

5 Jun 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

Oh dear oh dear! Yes the ranting is going to be a permanent feature here it seems Frenchfrog. Maybe Victor should set up a new "button" for all of us "ranters"�(ME included of course)�LOL.�He could name the page "RANTER �S CORNER"!�LOL
Seriously though, all that we could ever expect to get from there would be "agreement and sympathy tinged with a little anger" �over and over again! No way out! Just like ABs cartoon. A total maze.
CarolineHug

5 Jun 2009     

1    2    3    Next >