Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Do we really need this in the forum?    

Do we really need this in the forum?

zailda
Brazil

Do we really need this in the forum?

For the past few days I �ve read some threads in the forum and I �ve been asking myself if they belong to here. I ask the members to before starting a new thread think about its relationship with English & teaching and stop bringing religious, culture and personal likes & dislikes to the forum.

Let �s spare the other members the matters not related to this wonderful comunity. Let �s share good feelings and useful ideas on teaching and leave the other questions for our PM boxes.

I think I speak in the name of other members who may feel sad with the sort of messages we �ve been reading on the forum these days.

Please, let �s keep this sort of messages away from the forum since they have nothing to add and no benefit for the members at all.

Have a great weekend - in peace.

25 Sep 2009      

Sue.
Egypt

I am in..

25 Sep 2009     

zambia09
Czech Republic

I totally agree with you, Zailda.

25 Sep 2009     

lomasbello
Venezuela

I completely agreed with you, Zailda. I was asking myself what those kinds of threads belong to. It is really a pity that  this site will lose its main goal. And those kinds of threads spoil the valuable work that has been doing the members of this site during this time. It has been hard what moderaderators have faced trying to keep this site safe. So my advice to those teachers who got involved int he last threads as some have said is Keep private private things.

happy Weekend to and we all should try not to spam the forum.

25 Sep 2009     

Sue.
Egypt

Ok teachers.. let �s make a deal...

Ignore any PERSONAL matter on the forum..

If we don �t answer private matters the thread will just disappear...if we ever see something provocative..we count from 1 to 10 and ignore it..

Deal? 

Have a great weekend..

25 Sep 2009     

mariannina
Italy

Yesss! I like it! Thumbs Up

25 Sep 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Thank you Zailda for your post.  It has really been disheartening what has been happening in the last few days.  Peace to one and all.

25 Sep 2009     

zailda
Brazil

So, we have a deal!

25 Sep 2009     

lomasbello
Venezuela

A deal!!Hug

25 Sep 2009     

xyzzyx
Turkey

That is right. I agree with you.