Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Some changes in the website    

Some changes in the website

victor
Spain

Some changes in the website

Hello everybody,

After recent events, it is clear for me that some things must be cleared and other ones must be changed.

I �ve created a page including all the rules and instructions concerning this website. Up to now some of them were in the registration page, other ones were in the uploading page, other ones were just in the forum,... It was a mess, and I should have done this long before.

There are some changes that I believe will improve the website:

1. New users can send only one document per day. When you reach 30 points you are allowed to send three documents per day.

2. The contributions with five or less downloads after a month will be automatically removed.

3. The moderators will be users with 10000 or more points (not 1000). Having too many moderators is not good for anyone.

4. Single flashcards are not allowed. There must be at least four flashcards in the same document. In the past we had many flashcards uploaded separately, and they will not be removed, but it is not allowed anymore.

6. In the past we have allowed sending the Colour and the BW versions in different documents. Those worksheets will not be removed, but it is not allowed anymore. If we provide Colour and BW versions, they must be in the same document.

7.  Worksheets consisting just on lists, such as "Phrasal verbs list" or "Irregular verbs list" are allowed, although they are not recommended because everybody can find them in other websites for free. Of course, they are not allowed if you copied them.

8. The accounts will not be automatically cancelled. I will review the cases before.

Please read carefully the whole document because I �ve clarified as much as possible what kind of documents are allowed. There are also some directions and information concerning the use of the forum, the uploading system, etc.

The document is here:

Please tell me your opinion on the changes, and tell me if there is something missing, or grammar errors. After a careful revision I will publish it definitely.

17 Feb 2010      

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

Victor i like it, is very clear, but just a thought.. if after a ws is removed because it wasn �t download in a month, can it be uploaded again?

17 Feb 2010     

wakebeauty
Brazil

Great job VictorClap

Just one suggestion in the part that says: "If you send a printable or a powerpoint, it will be published tomorrow". Maybe,  "If you send a printable or a powerpoint, it will be published the next day" would be better!!! 

What do you think? Wink

17 Feb 2010     

victor
Spain

Lizsantiago:
Well, it is clear that it would not be fair, but how could it be avoided?

17 Feb 2010     

victor
Spain

Wakebeauty, you are right.

17 Feb 2010     

Carla Horne
United States

This is so much better! One suggestion please: Date this so that there is no question about when the new rules began.

Thank you,

Carla Horne

17 Feb 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

sorry i hit enter by mistake. anyway, if is deleted, there is nothing preventing the member to keep uploading the same ws again and again and again and again, since is obvious that having soooooo many resources to chose from, some are posted in pages so far that not everyone has the time to check all the ws. let �s say from page 1 to page 90. I hope you understand what i am trying to say. Some people would have the advantage of having their ws returning and i say some because there are members that has their "followers" and their ws are usually downloaded even when they are not for free.

17 Feb 2010     

victor
Spain

Yes, Carla, you are right. I have to add the date of application.

17 Feb 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

opps ! me again. are you going to include in the rules something about ownership,copyrights, and distribution? You should include that no one is allow to do it for profit and so on... 

17 Feb 2010     

wakebeauty
Brazil

Victor, one more here Wink

"You can take texts from other websites or books if you add your own exercises or activities (For example, reading comprehension questions). Please don �t take texts from other ESL websites or books, (without adding your own exercises) it would be unfair"

I didn �t understand this paragraph very well, without the part I added, I think it �s a bit contradictory, but I don �t know if it is what you meant, though if it is I think it �s a bit redundant!

I �m trying to help, but I think I �m making a confusion Embarrassed

17 Feb 2010     

victor
Spain

Yes, I forgot that!

17 Feb 2010     

1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11    Next >