Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > New message from iClipart.com    

New message from iClipart.com

victor
Spain

New message from iClipart.com

Dear friends,

Today I got a new message from iClipart.com, saying that there are still lots of worksheets with their content in this website.
They say it �s a violation of their terms of use to include iclipart content in any downloadable document.
I don �t want to have more problems with iClipart, so I �ll add the following line to the rules of the website:

"You can �t publish any document including pictures or contents taken from iclipart.com, since it �s against their terms of use"

I �ll also add this line in the uploading page.

Now, I kindly ask all you who have printables with iclipart content to edit your documents and change the pictures for other different ones, not taken from iclipart.com.

Sorry for all this trouble.

Victor

4 Apr 2011      

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Thank you for making this issue clear, Victor.

4 Apr 2011     

ellakass
Israel

You may use ICLIPART content in your commercial and/or personal projects. Examples of projects: Web sites, presentations, newsletters, brochures, advertisements, announcements, labels, e-greetings (personal use only), Web templates, vinyl cutting, routing, engraving, t-shirts, school projects, screen printing, e-books, and mechanical embroidery.

However, you may NOT

a. distribute ICLIPART content, electronically or in hard copy, except as specifically authorized.
b. authorize any third party to use the ICLIPART content for any purpose, or resell, license or otherwise make the ICLIPART content available for use or distribution separately or detached from your business or webpage, except as specifically authorized.
Can anybody explain if I can use their clipart on my school site and presentations and templates and printings-isn �t it a distribution? I also payed them and what can I do with the clipart? Sorry if I don �t understand their rules in a right way...Thank you!

4 Apr 2011     

MapleLeaf
Canada

Oh, my God! It �s like a tsunami!!! I slaved on my phrasal verbs for 2 days and now it �s all got to be left for myself and ...  I like their images. They�re so funny and they really add that comic effect to the worksheet. It �s fun! Ok, what we gonna do?! Nothing...

I wish it were April, 1 today...

4 Apr 2011     

LILIAAMALIA
Greece

So now we should re upload our worksheets?When is the deadline for doing it?

4 Apr 2011     

maroemma
Greece

Well, I posed this  question the other day about free clips. Apart from google, which are let �s say the top 5 ones for free? Without any bans whatsoever 

4 Apr 2011     

blunderbuster
Germany

It �s like eating chocolates and telling yourself: "Ah, one more won �t hurt." Then, one morning, you wake up as the guest star in "The biggest loser."

No, I did not tell them and the discussion about mada �s ws was only visible for mods.

Maybe this message should stay up on top for a while.

4 Apr 2011     

Stellam
Argentina

Maroemma �s question is a good one! Does anyone know?

4 Apr 2011     

navarrovizcaino
Spain

I totally agree with ellakass! what �s the point in paying?????? they should be free then! it �s like here in spain... with the tax we pay for CDs.. if I pay the tax whenever I buy a CD to record something on it (that �s what they are for, aren �t they?) I can do whatever I want with that CD (for personal use I mean) if I pay iclipart to use it in my wss we should be able to use them freely ( as long as it �s for personal use, isnt it?). because at the end of the day.. we are creating wss for personal use, aren �t we? nobody is making a book with the users � wss and selling it for money. we share our work. if I pay it �s my choice, but if I create a ws and then i decide to upload it it �s because I don �t mind sharing my work and what I pay for with you guys, otherwise I wouldnt upload it.

I have never used their pictures but I think that the new technologies are changing our world and copyright laws should change at the same time. 

4 Apr 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Well, friends, what about those of you who have joined this site long ago and have tons of ws? Do you even remember what clipart you used in every single ws?Confused And are the iclipart guys able to look through all our contributions here or do they have some automatic tracer for their images? and how did they figure out anyway? Have they changed the rules just recently? As to me I don�t remember ever using their images... their home page doesn�t look familiar.
Sophia

4 Apr 2011     

MapleLeaf
Canada

Cool, Sophia! Plus, when it �s time to renew my membership with iclipart, I �ll get to think about it, despite all the discounts they offer. What �s the purpose of using it -- put it up on your wall as a decoration... They won �t figure out, right. They �re maybe already watching us. ;)

4 Apr 2011     

1    2    3    4    Next >