Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > New message from iClipart.com    

New message from iClipart.com

victor
Spain

Hello Pati,

If you downloaded your pictures from clipartof.com you have to follow the terms of use of that website (clipartof.com) and nothing else.

4 Apr 2011     

Pati_Suomi
Spain

Great to know!
Thank you very much for your answer Victor. I really hope we can solve this problem asap. ;) Best wishes.

4 Apr 2011     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Wouldn �t it be great to have our own free clipart collection some day, made by and contributed by our "local" creative geniusesSmile with no restrictions apart from intolerance and indecency?  
Sophia

4 Apr 2011     

maryse pey�
France

Sophia : very great idea !!!!!! I DO agree !!!!
I love drawing but I am not sure my drawings would suit the most. If we are several, really several, let �s go !!!!
but of course we MUST be aware of the heavy spending of time in this activity.

4 Apr 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi, all and one

Big mess around, in fact. Sometime ago there has been some trouble with at least two members here, who were using and paying for that clipart site.

Someone has also raised the Thistle graphics problem.

Well, as far as it concerns to Thistle, I have read and reread her policy and, however I have paid for it, I have been stopped from uploading many times, because her terms are clear.

We can �t upload her clipart in such a way that might be easily downloadable - we should either protect the document, use a PDF, or a slide picture - obviously, there are still many ways left to steal this clipart, but, what Thistle asks is that we turn it difficult. People with a fair/good kind of photoshop can always steal these pictures, but the people who uploaded it, if fairly protected, my opinion, won �t have problems.

I almost stopped uploading here, cause it takes quite a while to reduce size, protecct pictures and it �s so easy when you upload it whithout a sharing purpose - you upload a protected document, it means that someone who wants the pictures will have to make a print screen and go on with the labour of photosopping it.

Bruna is right, we can buy, but we have to be aware the way we distribute.

Anyway, as someone has already said

What do I pay for ? For my own decoration?

This site is turning out toooo big , no way can I find a solution - there will be always people stealing. I have already noticed that Mena always mixes Thistle �s pictures, two in one, grouped and saved as a ONE picture, or she writes something, by herself on the clipart: this way, she is preventing, clipart copied from Mena �s printables is not, sometimes, a REAl original; she has already made some kind of transformation, so, she is doing what Ashley demands, my opinion.

Difficult to solve.

Victor, if you have the time to read everything, couldn �t you ask members who upload here to  prove that they have the right of using that clipart? This way, ( I know, not a brilliant idea, but I am old, tired and it �s late, here ), may be you could , at least, prevent some of the members from having this kind of problems.

I know you must have tons of things to deal with,

May you, we, all of us, find a solution.

Nighty,
Linda

4 Apr 2011     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

patty i have also bought from clipartof but in their terms of use say that

Our Terms Of Use:
  1. Our images are NOT free. You must purchase a license for each image that you want to use for ANY purpose. If you are caught using an unlicensed image you will be fined for the image license.
  2. Copyright is NOT transferred upon licensing of an image. When you pay, you are paying to use the image, not to own the image. Our artists always retain their copyrights and others can license the same image. Images are non-exclusive, which means that others may also download and use the same image for competitive or other purposes.
  3. Images licensed are for the end user only, no additional parties. Anyone working on a project for the End User may have access to the image only for projects for the End User. Licenses are not transferable. A license must be purchased for each image and each end user. If you have multiple clients that want to use the same image, you must purchase a license for each client. You cannot use the same license for more than one client.
  4. Once you license an image, the end user can use it forever, for multiple and permitted purposes, without having to pay any additional fees.
  5. Images may not be copyrighted or trademarked. Images may be used for logo-type purposes but cannot be copyrighted or trademarked by anyone but our artists.
  6. If you are purchasing on behalf of a client, you MUST provide the client with a copy of the original receipt and this license so they have proof of a license to use the image.
  7. Images may not be published on products for sale on any print-on-demand sites such as cafepress.com, polyvore.com, zazzle.com, redbubble.com, etsy.com, and other sites that may not be listed. Ebay is permitted.
  8. Images may not be distributed to other users via templates (e-cards, web design templates, scrapbooking templates, customizable invitation templates, customizable products, business card design templates, etc.) Each template user would need their own license.
  9. Examples of acceptable uses are; t-shirts (restricted use on on-demand sites), blogs, email use, business branding, marketing, non copyrighted or trademarked logos, television, websites, calendars, brochures, computer backgrounds, business cards, products (other than on on-demand sites), apps, products, etc.
  10. Examples of restricted uses; distributing the digital file for free or for a fee, selling on on-demand sites, using the images on customizable products (invitations, templates, etc), templates, distribution of digitized embroidery files, copyrighting or trademarking the images, rubber stamps.
  11. You only need one license per image, per end user. If you are purchasing the same image for more than one end user, please be sure to put the End User�s name or company name in the "Company" field during checkout. Please license the largest file that you will need for each image, not multiple sizes of the same image.

4 Apr 2011     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Linda: I am in the same situation, I do not even remember which clipart in my wss belongs to iClipart

5 Apr 2011     

melahel7
Canada

I stopped using them a while a ago, but there is no way I �m going through all my worksheets to see which ones contain their cliparts.  I think their membership is a scam and that the use of the cliparts should be authorized for educational purposes.  We are not trying to get money out of it, so how can this be a problem to them.  This world has become so freakin � greedy; it �s always about squeezing to get more.  I suggest that the ones that were uploaded prior to today remain.  Otherwise, it �s gonna get real messy.

5 Apr 2011     

PhilipR
Thailand

Public domain rules. Better think twice before paying for clip art (with very restricted use) from the likes of i-Clipart. BTW, their business model is doomed anyway IMO.

5 Apr 2011     

alien boy
Japan

I �m with you on that, PhilipR!

5 Apr 2011     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >