Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > New message from iClipart.com    

New message from iClipart.com

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

I once contacted iclipart.com asking them about the license, because I also find their art very interesting and appealing to eye. They were very emphatic stating that the license is restricted to my use. I could not avail their art to a third party (as it would be if I uploaded wss in here).

I still think about purchasing their license, for (my) classroom use only.
I believe it �s only reasonable to be sure you read the rules of any contract. I mean, we are always ranting at members who don �t read the rules before uploading in here, so...

And since we �re on the subject of avoiding potencial headaches for our website (and its admin), it should also be included in the rules that the famous thistlegirls website does not fordid the use of their clipart, but requires it to be uneditable (which would also avoid the constant abuse in the reporting section over members who allegedly did not purchase their license).

As we grow bigger as a community of teachers (and may I say, the best online) it �s natural that we go through things like this.

4 Apr 2011     

tech_teacher
Bahamas

I think that it is strange that some users (out of all the thousands) - got PM �s from Iclipart.com directly. What a puzzle. Something to think about! 

Let �s just obey the rules. 

A point of interest however, what happens in the case where the same images can be found on iclipart .com and on other clipart sites for example: clipart factory. com How can one determination - because there will be folks ... oh so ready to �click on report �!

4 Apr 2011     

coyote.chus
Spain

There are at least 7 worksheets today among the recent contributions which have some or all images from iclipart.

4 Apr 2011     

lady_gargara
Turkey

I think the rule is clear from now on but what will we do for the wss uploaded before that rule? 

4 Apr 2011     

almaz
United Kingdom

I guess this is one of the problems you �d expect in a clipart-heavy culture. 

Worksheets here often tend to be more skewed towards the �look � rather than the substance. In this sort of environment, unfortunately, you get people downloading wss simply so they can cannibalise the clipart. Looked at this way, iCLIPART �s concerns are understandable (though I personally disagree with their stance for a variety of reasons).

I �m with Bruna on this one: maybe it �s the wake-up call the site needs.

4 Apr 2011     

blunderbuster
Germany

One thing I like about islcollective is that the ws uploaded there are not so overloaded with graphics as the ones here....time to go back to the good old conten-driven resources....Graphics make up a good part of a ws�s success here at eslprintables and thistlegirldesigns and the guy with the big nose from iclipart are "free" cash cows, easily recycles, no less effective.

Oh, 7 ws with iclipart, let �s go find and report them, before someone else can..... ;o) Oh, and let�s report the old ones as quickly as possible, as long as the clipart is still the good one ;o)

Geez, who should be disappointed and pointing fingers? The ones sitting there making the graphics AND a living off of it?

4 Apr 2011     

manonski (f)
Canada

I just hope people will be careful when and if they report about the use of graphics from iclipart. Some of their graphics also belong to other cliparts website.

4 Apr 2011     

maryse pey�
France

just one question : I am able to recognize some but how ACTUALLY recognize all of them ?????

4 Apr 2011     

Zora
Canada

In my case, I have no - pardon my French - freaking idea from where I got the images I used in my work... and to be quite truthful, Iclipart looks like a mishmash of styles which makes me wonder who are the authors and where does the site get their images from??? Because in my opinion, a lot of it looks like the free stuff you find around the Net...

Anyways, I am at the point that I might just remove - when I have the time - all the clipart from my worksheets since I have literally no idea where it came from... and quite honestly, I am going to stay far away from the Reporting Section for a while. I feel that there is going to be a mad frenzy to report and I really want no part in such a thing.

4 Apr 2011     

Pati_Suomi
Spain

I didn �t know about this website... but after reading tech_teacher �s comments I had a look at it and I found to my great surprise that they have the same clipart I usually get from clipartof.com, from Ron Leishman �s Portfolio. However, I couldn �t find any artist authorship for the pics of iclipart.com. So I wonder who the actual owner of the pics I �ve been using is. Can I keep on using the great pics from clipartof.com? or since iclipart.com has some of Ron Leishman �s pics I can �t use them anymore? Do I have to check first if the pics I use for the contributions are also in iclipart.com? As I �ve said, they don �t have them all, so I guess that if those I want to use are not in this troublesome webpage (iclipart.com), I may use them... What a mess!!

4 Apr 2011     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >