Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Lack of respect when checking printables.    

Lack of respect when checking printables.

Mishuna
Argentina

Lack of respect when checking printables.

I have to say I �m very dissapointed right now. I �m one of those people who have received the message telling me that one of my printables had been removerd.
I DO RESPECT your decision and it �s out of discussion for me...the thing is that some of the comments weren �t polite at all.
Please, don �t act as bad cops and treat bad other members. I think I �ve never misrepected anybody here. I am a very respectful person and I consider you as "friends" (if I could say that).
I uploaded this file a long time ago, and there wasn �t any rule against this kind of material, beside people were asking for it on the forum (when it used to be more a nice place to discuss interesting topics and to share information).
I don �t care about either the points or the deleted worksheet...I care about respect and harmony between us.

http://www.eslprintables.com/moderatorscomments.asp?id=99289&tipo=printables

I �m sorry if you don �t share this feeling that I have...or if you don �t agree. I think I have the right to say what I think or feel as I �ve been a member for a very long time and feel comfortable doing it.

Thanks for your time.

15 Apr 2009      

mandm
Spain

Dear Mishuna I agree with youThumbs Up:
Unfortunately you are not the only one who feel dissapointed at this moment. I thought the new system of reporting worksheets would be useful at a certain point but it �s true that it has got certain disadvantages that are annoying some users of this wonderful site.

I can �t understand why a worksheet with nearly 200 downloads and more than 40 comments showing gratitude and thanks should be removed because some users think so.
 (http://www.eslprintables.com/moderatorscomments.asp?id=198986&tipo=printables)

I suggested some activities to do with that worksheet* and those people who teach very young learners maybe will understand that this kind of material (Not grammar nor written exercises) is very useful for ELT.

*It seems to me more like a nice card than a simple drawing and of course you can use it with different teaching purposes: making a mini book with children drawings, writing a cute message behind, sticking a photo of the student and matching it with a present for mums... Anyway I would like to know if this worksheet is useful for other members. If nobody downloads it, then I�ll delete and that�s all. Thanks!"

I hope the situation changes...Disapprove
Have a nice day!

15 Apr 2009     

Tere-arg
Argentina

Where has politeness gone?

Maybe it is as obsolete as good manners...

15 Apr 2009     

Mishuna
Argentina

Please, don �t misunderstand what I �m saying...I �m not talking about a deleted worksheet. I �m talking about the comments that some users make when they are reporting it.
It �s a politeness and manners issue...

15 Apr 2009     

mrlypy
Brazil

I guess though the worksheets turned out did not have enugh � �words � � they re very useful, depending on the context. after all, a picture is worh a thusand words

15 Apr 2009     

ELMO.
Spain

I totally agree with you mishuna, you have all my support!!some  of my worksheets were removed too and I understand how you feel. I think it is not good users have the power to remove ws, I think Victor should remove them on his own, because this is causing confrontations among us which is not good.

15 Apr 2009     

Sonn
Russian Federation

That �s what I was trying to say here in the forum yesterday: lack of politeness (not many ppl here lack it, but there are some). But I can say that the comments to your ws are much more polite than to mine. I would say they are rather gentle. I think the things are getting better. ))

15 Apr 2009     

Mishuna
Argentina

I agree with the system...it is good for Victor and for us. The thing is that people don �t take the time in looking at the description of the worksheets and they are not polite.
They are angry and act as judges.
We all have different parameters, that �s why Victor has set some of them. However, I �ve bought a great set of flashcards and there aren �t any words. I don �t like flashcards with the word written on it because children get confused and don �t pronounce it well if they read the word first..."listen, say, read, write" are the four steps I have in mind when I �m teaching new vocabulary.
I �m not questioning this "moderator system" or the worksheets removal...

15 Apr 2009     

Zora
Canada

Quite honestly I think Victor should only let moderators with 5000 points or who have been here for more than a year moderate. Maybe older members appreciate hard work and remember how things were before the rules changed!!

I am saddened to say that it seems like people think that Victor has given them licence to be witch hunters of what is right or wrong.... Maybe, everyone who reports things should automatically have their name placed beside the reported worksheet... since anonymity makes people brave as well as stupid!! Then they might think twice about reporting stuff just for the "fun" of it!!!!

15 Apr 2009     

veraviana
Portugal

I �m with you! It seems some people here haven �t chosen the right career. Maybe they should be real cops and I �m sure they �d be wonderful. I �m sorry for being so sincere but that has already happened to me and I feel it �s really unfair too. And it �s not about the points really. Anyway, let �s try to focus on what �s really important: ESL resources.
Regards to all of you, my friends.
Hugs,
Vera

15 Apr 2009     

alex1968
Greece

Hi Mishuna!

Thanks for your kind remarks on my post!  Those are my YLs and they �re a really nice group!

This topic (of being polite) was brought up earlier today by Silke (Ladybird).  You can check the link here

a lot of us expressed our views on this topic :)

I think I agree with Zora...

I �ve found a lot of people condemning ws as non esl resources when they haven �t even take the trouble to read ws descriptions or instructions!

*sigh*

15 Apr 2009     

1    2    3    Next >