Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > DON ´T MISS IT!! THIS EXPLAINS WHY KATIANA AND MAR ARE NOT HERE. WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT, PLEASE!!    

DON ´T MISS IT!! THIS EXPLAINS WHY KATIANA AND MAR ARE NOT HERE. WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT, PLEASE!!

libertybelle
United States

I am sad about this - but think about it -please.
Where ever you upload your work, there is bound to be some idiot without moral ethics who will steal from you.
I think the moderators are doing a fabulous job catching the thieves the very same day the new worksheets are presented.
Hardly anyone is uploading stolen materials anymore thanks to the fast work of the moderators!!!

Again - why punish all the good guys who make up the majority of the people here just because of a few jerks?  Is that fair?

Hugs
L

2 Jun 2009     

svetamarik Svetlana
Russian Federation

Dear Katiana! I share your disappointment... Every day I meet people who even don �t bother to say hello! You �re speaking about gratitude... These people are among us... �But what can we do? Do you think it �s possible to teach an adult person how to be polite and greatful? Victor can cancel their accounts but other ones will continue to steal and cheat.... You are the one who knows what it means to be grateful and respect each other �s work. That �s why you �re so generous and respectful! You feel frustreted because you can �t find the same in people who you share your work with.... Cheer up and think of those who appreciate your work, of those who use it in all parts of the world and every day remeber a hard working teacher - Katiana.

2 Jun 2009     

Zora
Canada

I can understand that some of you are upset but THIS is the Internet. We are sharing our work with others and you need to realise that there is NO way that you can stop others after they have downloaded our work from using it as they like.

This may, or may not, bother some but it�s a hard fact of life on the Net. I am not going to stop contributing. What for? To punish all my colleagues here?? That�s just crazy...

I am sorry Mar and Katiana, but I don �t agree with your stance. It�s senseless since there is very little that can be done. Victor can only ask the blog owners to remove the worksheets BUT that may not prevent them from keeping the work up in a password protected part of the board for their members use...

Regards
Linda

(Hugs Mar... you know I respect your opinion, even if I don �t agree with it! Smile )   

2 Jun 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Mar, I understand your point of view but I �d like to know what you think Victor can do about this. He can tell people that the material cannot be uploaded on any blogs but we all know by experience here that not everybody understands the word "ethics" and "honesty".

What we can do, is go the blogs of these people and leave comments to them. If they get 30 comments per day that say "this is not your work", maybe they �ll get tired of it and take down what does not belong to them. Just a suggestion here.

2 Jun 2009     

s.lefevre
Brazil

I have just tried the link given above and it says that the blog was disabled. Can anybody verify if it happens to you too?

2 Jun 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

yes, I tried and it �s disabled... you �re right.

2 Jun 2009     

chorima
Spain

yes, it is disabled. that blog does no longer exist.....but we must accept that people may do it again and again. NOT EVERYBODY , though.
I sympathise with Katiana, Mar and Inma but I think nothing can be done.....that �s the price for uploading things on the net. It �s a fact of life,  as someone else said.

2 Jun 2009     

VeraM
Portugal

I guess that �s a risk we take when we publish our work... It can happen anywhere. It can happen in your own schools: you give your worksheet to one colleague and in the next year, he can pass it on to another colleague and so on. Do you think I get upset about it? Of course not! When I share my work I already know that it can end up somewhere else! And you know what? I think that the people who where honest enough to put the sources of the worksheets they published on their blogs/websites didn �t do anything wrong. Do you ask for permission when using something you saw in a book? Or do you simply quote the source? Actually they gave you free advertisement.  And I think we can consider it to be positive for the users and for this site. What else can we do about it? I won �t stop sharing because of that chance. This is the World Wide Web... We cant � prevent this from happening. 

2 Jun 2009     

bjones
Spain

I agree with you VeraM.

2 Jun 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hello,
I am very disappointed with everything going on. What if we send only protected documents, with a password. We would give the password only to members we trust?
I know this is not a solution, but, kind of brainstormin, may some of you remember something else, going on this idea and making it better, because, this one is not defineterly a good one.

2 Jun 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    Next >