Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > DON ´T MISS IT!! THIS EXPLAINS WHY KATIANA AND MAR ARE NOT HERE. WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT, PLEASE!!    

DON ´T MISS IT!! THIS EXPLAINS WHY KATIANA AND MAR ARE NOT HERE. WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT, PLEASE!!

almaz
United Kingdom

VeraM

Quite right! There �s an awful lot of sanctimonious, self-righteous posturing on this forum and I for one am getting heartily sick of it. Now I have to go and do some teaching and - you know what? - I may even have to use somebody else �s material.

2 Jun 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Again, I repeat my question: Short of clarifying the rules, what else can Victor do? My guess is not much. I don �t think it �s fair to ask him to do something about the other bloggers.

Libertybelle, I think you raise a good point and I agree that we should not let some unethical people ruin what we have going on here.

2 Jun 2009     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

Almaz,
Of course you can use somebody else �s material. That �s why we share here. We share it to use it with our students, not to have it uploaded on other websites or blogs, as public domain, without permission and especially when some are members of this site.
So keep your sanctimonious for you because that �s not what we �re talking about here.

2 Jun 2009     

svetamarik Svetlana
Russian Federation

... Yes,manonski �and Lisa, you �re right! "....we should not let some unethical people ruin what we have going on here" �That �s why I say I �ll continue doing my work and sharing with you!!!

2 Jun 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

I think there is a big difference between sharing amongst colleagues at school and with your students. A blog is a PUBLIC forum... so it is available for EVERYONE. ANYONE, WHOMEVER...
If I saw a lot of my own work on a PUBLIC forum like a blog or even uploaded to SCRIBD (which one blog had done) and the likes without my permission I would be  upset, angry and disappointed. So I can completely understand some members views.

HOWEVER a bit of professional courtesy goes a long way I find. I bet that if some of these teachers with the blogs mentioned and who knows there could be more...had had the professional courtesy to ask if it was ok then SOME would have said yes as long as it was credited properly.

In this sites rules it does actually state that the printables are for personal use and not to be published. (in the registration section)
The printables included in this website can be downloaded for personal use only. You are not allowed to use them for commercial purposes, nor to publish them by any means.

This could be a little more clearer, like what MES do and specifically say that it may not be distributed electronically etc... but the rule is actually there. And for me published means any form of publication such as books, online, blogs etc.
So again because people do not care about the rules of this site, they have hurt people that are dear to us.

Maybe this needs to be made a little clearer and in a separate section called terms or conditions of using this site.
Such a sad situation.... all because some people lack professional courtesy really.

2 Jun 2009     

Zora
Canada

I �d like to point out that even if people did copyright their work, we �d still fall under the "Fair Use" mandate.

Fair Use allows us to use copyrighted work and pictures in our work if it is used in a non-profit and educational way.

So, others using our work would essentially fall under that rule, especially more now that our stuff isn �t copyrighted (which everyone should know costs A LOT to do before we all jump on a "let �s copyright our work" bandwagon...)

Personally, (and don �t anyone throw a proverbial stone at me, please Wink ) I don �t mind if others use my work or put it up on a blog. To me that means that person has found my work useful and for that I am grateful.

I also think that many who upload our work do NOT do it with a malicious intent - they do it because they think their students will benefit from it AND isn �t this place, what this is all about - our students??? 

2 Jun 2009     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

Almaz,
Of course you can use somebody else �s material. That �s why we share here. We share it to use it with our students, not to have it uploaded on other websites or blogs, as public domain, without permission and especially when some are members of this site.
So keep your sanctimonious for you because that �s not what we �re talking about here.

2 Jun 2009     

svetamarik Svetlana
Russian Federation

Dear Zora!Personally,I don �t mind if others use my work or put it up on a blog too but I would like people to ask for my permission forit and let me know about the blog (to give a link...)

2 Jun 2009     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

As Cheezels said, it �s all here:

In this sites rules it does actually state that the printables are for personal use and not to be published. (in the registration section)
The printables included in this website can be downloaded for personal use only. You are not allowed to use them for commercial purposes, nor to publish them by any means.

2 Jun 2009     

svetamarik Svetlana
Russian Federation

Oh, Mar it seems to me that some people really can �t read or don �t want to do it!

2 Jun 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    Next >