Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > DON ´T MISS IT!! THIS EXPLAINS WHY KATIANA AND MAR ARE NOT HERE. WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT, PLEASE!!    

DON ´T MISS IT!! THIS EXPLAINS WHY KATIANA AND MAR ARE NOT HERE. WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT, PLEASE!!

alex1968
Greece

I was just downloading some ws and have come back to the forum to catch up on the "hot" topic...

Mar, you said that all the ws & even some of the blogs have been deleted which shows that group action works! 

If we continue to do this everytime someones ws appears on a blog or another website WITHOUT the concent of the rightful owner of the ws, then we can continue to achieve the same results.  That way, people will slowly become aware that they can �t just publish someone else �s ws without asking for permission & receiving concent.

Of course, it �s unethical to upload someone �s ws without permission.
So, we �ll just have to be ready to take a stand.

2 Jun 2009     

Zora
Canada

Mar, sweetie.. don �t yell at me BUT a blog destined for the use of that person �s "students" could be considered a "personal" thing... It �s like us handing work out in class. The same thing, it �s just up on a board on the Net.

Don �t get mad BUT again... this falls within the "Fair Use" mandate. People are allowed to use our stuff for non-profit educational uses. And that is what most blogs are. Are they charging their students? No, they are not. Are they charging other teachers to use the work? No, they are not...

I am afraid that a lot of you are running around in circles trying to bite your own tails on this one. The work is being used by teachers for their students. Now can anyone say that is wrong???

2 Jun 2009     

Nawrocki
Australia

I just want to say thanks for all your ws Mar and Katiana as i have downloaded them and noticed immediately that you were not there today. We will deeply miss you and your contributions which are always very popular and utilised.
Thanks and sorry I didn �t thank you every time I downloaded them.

2 Jun 2009     

ants
Switzerland

Hello Katiana and Mar....what a shame it has come to this....and I hope with all my heart that something that can be done about this awful situation.  I hope that Victor can work something out but if he can �t I �ll respect your decision not to upload any more new worksheets.
I really don �t know what can be done but on the bright side, at least you �ve got our community of teachers talking more, and that �s got to be a good thing.Smile

2 Jun 2009     

nkappa
Greece

Hello everybody!

I �m a great fan of Katiana and Mar and I feel really bad for not seeing their contributions today!!!

They are completely right!!!

Is there a way our contributions to be copyrighted? Or to find a personal sign with our name on it that cannot be deleted? Or even the logo??????????

2 Jun 2009     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

You are right, Svetlana. Some people just don �t want to read it and I know the reason why but I �m not going to say it here because I don �t want to hurt anybody �s feelings.

Dear Linda, of course I �m not going to yell at you. That �s your opinion and I respect it even though I don �t agree and of course you can give permission to anyone you like to upload your work anywhere. It �s up to you and I respect that.

But I �ll stick to this:

In this sites rules it does actually state that the printables are for personal use and not to be published. (in the registration section)
The printables included in this website can be downloaded for personal use only. You are not allowed to use them for commercial purposes, nor to publish them by any means.

2 Jun 2009     

libertybelle
United States

But sweet Mar - to publish means to have them printed in a book and sold through a publishing company or privately on a pay website.  I don �t think that is what these blog owners are doing. They are not charging money for these worksheets.

What is unethical is:
They did not ask permission and they are not giving credit to the authors.

2 Jun 2009     

Lucka20
Brazil

Dear teachers,

I �m glad to report that most of the sites where the worksheets were "illegally" posted are already out! Clap

Thank goodness!

All the very best for all of us!

2 Jun 2009     

svetamarik Svetlana
Russian Federation

The fact that they did not ask permission and they are not giving credit to the authors �makes me so upset.... This is the only thing...

Unfortunately we can �t state ethical rules for people.

2 Jun 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

Dear Friends of esl. I have been in and out of the forum today to see what has been posted in this thread. Now first of all let me admit that I am not in any way a very good example at contributing WSs in the forum. But there are so many other ways to contribute here other than uploading WSs.Sometimes I too can get a little annoyed when I see members suggesting that those who do not upload a certain number of WSs per month should be banned.ESL is much MORE than just WSs. There are so many more ways in which we can share here. We can email, PM, post, share problems, ask for help, celebrate, have a bit of fun, etc. etc....the list is endless. I would hate to think that because of the upset caused to the colleagueswho (admittedly) go to great lengths to prepare good WSs ,may distract others �fromsharing in all the other good and positive material that is to be gleaned from posts, PMs etc.in this nice forum.

I do understand the hurt this has caused to many who have seen their work uploaded by unethical members.But...really there is not very much that can be done about it!Who is to say how many blog-sites anyone may have other than the ones that have been discovered. There are myriads of blog sites available. This is the NET. It is next to impossible to control it!�� I am not so sure that even the rules regarding copyright set up by Victor would be legally binding. Only he knows that.Copyright is such a hard thing to enforce unless the creator of the work has done it legally and has got it copper-fastened themselves. I know this because of a little publication that I once produced myself.

So to conclude (and this is just an opinion) I think that we will all just have to sit back and take stock.My opinion is that almost nothing can be done to prevent WSs been unjustly taken by those who do so.�It �s a risk that has to be freely taken by anyone who uploads. Having then uploaded... the praise ..but also the blows have got to be taken. But as I said in the beginning...ESL is MUCH more than just WSs. Lets enjoy what we have!

CarolineHug

ps...sorry for being so long-winded

2 Jun 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    Next >