Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > 86th anniversary of Foundation of Turkish Republic    

86th anniversary of Foundation of Turkish Republic

zambia09
Czech Republic

Dear �mer,

I also congratulate to all Turkish people but... I also think there is no need to send the same thread twice a day. At least not so space-consuming (sorry, couldn �t think of better word).
Peace, Michaela

29 Oct 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Congratulations to all the Turkish members!

Dear friends, peace in the forum Star

29 Oct 2009     

vardaki
Cyprus

I agree with Julieta:  peace in the forum....
but I want and peace in my island. CYPRUS

29 Oct 2009     

mr.dgdln
Turkey

dear friends
you must have seen the firework show along the the Bosphorus and over the bosphorus bridge.
@_ladybird_ you try to be sarcastic everytime, it �s very clever of you! But I �ve already celebrated it with my friends and the party in our house with a view of bosphorus bridge is still going on. wish you were here, too:) on the other hand, can you think of a better celebration of one �s national festival than declaring it to all the world even if it �s via a website?

29 Oct 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi vardaki

Glad to find here someone from Cyprus.

My opinion, enough is enough, isn �t it? Tongue

Again,
mr.dgdln, my congratulations; now, what about if we, all of us, start thinking that the day is almost over, so let �s start talking about other stuff.

Tomorrow, this is, in a few hours, we will start celebrating Halloween, the great Celtic tradition. Ancient Celtic people lived here, in my country, many years ago, so, may be because of that I have a lot of tender for this celebration. It is a very interesting way of discovering how cultures and civilizations melt through the centuries, what belongs to one culture, and to another.

Anyone wants to start a thread about Halloween, a quizz?

I �ll come back, in a while, but for now, I am STARVING?
Anyone to have dinner with me ?
You �re most welcome
Linda

29 Oct 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi vardaki

Glad to find here someone from Cyprus.

My opinion, enough is enough, isn �t it? Tongue

Again,
mr.dgdln, my congratulations; now, what about if we, all of us, start thinking that the day is almost over, so let �s start talking about other stuff.

Tomorrow, this is, in a few hours, we will start celebrating Halloween, the great Celtic tradition. Ancient Celtic people lived here, in my country, many years ago, so, may be because of that I have a lot of tender for this celebration. It is a very interesting way of discovering how cultures and civilizations melt through the centuries, what belongs to one culture, and to another.

Anyone wants to start a thread about Halloween, a quizz?

I �ll come back, in a while, but for now, I am STARVING?
Anyone to have dinner with me ?
You �re most welcome
Linda

29 Oct 2009     

mr.dgdln
Turkey

I �d like to agree with you but I can �t on this matter. I did my best by declaring my national honoured day on this site with thousands of people from different countries. this site is not only esl-based (but primarily for esl). if it was so, people wouldn �t celebrate their birthdays on here, would they? 

29 Oct 2009     

libertybelle
United States

I don �t always see all the threads Nikadixon because I do :

Heartgo to work
Heartcorrect essays
Heartgo to teacher �s meetings
Heartgo to parent, teacher, student meetings
Heartprepare for tomorrow �s lessons
Heartmake worksheets
Heartand try to have a life.

Mr D  - Even though you speak and write English well, often what we native
members write here is often Lost in Translation with you.

I �m neither angry or feel rage. And I never meant to be provocative. You just don �t have a feel for the
way things are said, and often take them as a personal insult - even
though that is not the case or intention. 
I could also imagine British/American/ Australian irony is lost on you too.
Our cultures are apparently very different, and what might seem like
an insult in your culture is not meant as such in ours. To truly understand
another language, you must also understand its humor.
So before you start reading ulterior intentions into our words - stop and think before you react.
L

29 Oct 2009     

eaglecage
Turkey

Great Leader Atat�rk says that �one day my mortal body will turn to dust but the Turkish Republic will stand forever �.
that is the pure truth,we are stronger and more enthusiastic than before..
thanks dear friendsClap

29 Oct 2009     

mr.dgdln
Turkey

@libertybelle
I lent my ears to you.( it is a correct saying of it, I hope)
what you said is absolutely correct. But I missed the point :Have I misunderstood anything among this post? I just said what I had to say and I understood what everyone would understand.

best regards from Turkey
�mer

29 Oct 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    Next >