Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > 86th anniversary of Foundation of Turkish Republic    

86th anniversary of Foundation of Turkish Republic

Portugal

E!

Did you like my hyperlink? I  kind of felt Broken HeartBroken HeartBroken HeartBroken HeartBroken HeartBroken HeartBroken Heart seeing you at the forum that magnificent day of the Nobel Award (I guess I survived, though). That was such a speech, could you possibly go through those five lines? Please! WoW!

(exc-me, mr. dgln for going back to someone I fear could be in some danger in his own country, I know this is a thread to celebrate a Turkish personality, so I excuse myself again; mr. dgln, let me tell you this:  you are the host of this thread, so to speak, since you�ve started it & this is your national Hero).

Why the anger, why the rage?
Turkish National Anthem

29 Oct 2009     

elderberrywine
Germany

I really see no need for nationalistic sprees, national anthems and praises of people �s countries here.

If everybody was in raptures about their country �s history, leaders, anthem on their national day  -->  we �d have this sort of outburst once a week or so.

It has go NOTHING to do with the purpose of ESL printables. Please spare us...

29 Oct 2009     

eng789
Israel

I think it is important to share things like Civil and Religious Holidays on the forum.  (Maybe not twice.)  It is important for us to widden our horizons.  When I hear of a special holiday or celebration I take a few minutes to tell my pupils about it.   They know that I am on the forum and they sometimes ask me what �s new on the forum.  We don �t celebrate Halloween here but I will talk about it in class - kids should know about other countries and people. Knowledge brings understanding and understanding brings peace.

I loved Istanbul -we took a ride up the river and stopped at a very nice village for lunch,  the sites are great.  The only thing that I was disappointed about was the "shuk" / market.  It was too modern.  The one here in Jerusalem is much nicer.

I �ll say it again,  enjoy your holiday.
Barbara

29 Oct 2009     

elderberrywine
Germany

Barbara, if I talked about civil and religious holidays of all the ESL members � countries in school I could forget about simple past and present perfect and my students would never learn the subtleties of gerunds and participles.

I don �t come here to widen my horizon, except where my job is concerned. I come here for ESL matters, not for general knowledge and inspiration.
Don �t get me wrong - I came back from a marvellous holiday in Turkey last week and I don �t bear anybody a grudge. I just want this site to stick to its original purpose.

And if people refrained from national rhapsodies, patriotic outbursts and so on, there might be a bit less aggression.
("A bit less" - doesn �t really make sense, does it? *gg*)
Dorothea

29 Oct 2009     

Portugal

As the student population in (American) schools becomes increasingly diverse, educators must respond with school reform efforts (�) they must develop culturally sensitive curricula that integrate multicultural viewpoints and histories (�) (Carla Cooper Shaw, associate professor of curriculum and instruction at Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, Illinois, 1997).

Too often schools do not legitimize the knowledge or experiences these [minority] children bring to school. Instead, schools are most likely to label these children as failures because their backgrounds--usually their language and culture--are seen as inadequate preparation for learning. (Jones & Fennimore, 1990, p. 16)

From a multicultural perspective, all students should receive an education that continuously affirms human diversity--one that embraces the history and culture of all racial groups and that teaches people of color to take charge of their own destinies.... With regard to teaching, a multicultural perspective assumes that teachers will hold high expectations for all students and that they will challenge those students who are trapped in the cycle of poverty and despair to rise above it.(Grant 1990, p. 31)

Why the anger, why the rage?
Turkish National Anthem

29 Oct 2009     

mr.dgdln
Turkey

everybody �s reason to come here is different. I don �t come just for printables for my students. I want to share things apart from my printables.

Thanks

Loves from Turkey

29 Oct 2009     

eng789
Israel

nikadixon,  I especially liked  :
that continuously affirms human diversity--one that embraces the history and culture of all racial groups

That is exactly what I am trying to do with my pupils.   

29 Oct 2009     

eng789
Israel

I second mr.dgdln �s  motion. Thumbs Up  

There is life outside of the classroom.  There is so much we can learn from each other. 

29 Oct 2009     

zambia09
Czech Republic

Dear Idalinda (nikadixon),

very nicely said. Thumbs Up  Teaching is not only about present perfect or continuous but about culture as well.

Take care everybody, I �m off for today.

29 Oct 2009     

loty7645
Turkey

� �peace at home, peace in the world! � � (ATATURK)
good evening my dear friends!!
I love you...

29 Oct 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    Next >