Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Please change avitar    

Please change avitar

Mahalo
United States

Please change avitar

My class was doing a project today with this website, and came across this avitar, please change this, it is quite OFFENSIVE!

It does not matter what religion you are-it is very disgusting, and as a teacher, very inappropriate!

24 Nov 2009      

maoopa
China

Agree!
It �s not the nicest pic to share here, give the kind of site and the public.

Mauro

24 Nov 2009     

_babz
Canada

i agree

but why wre your students using eslprintables?

I strongly believe that we teachers should keep this site a secret!

Stern Smile

24 Nov 2009     

libertybelle
United States

I agree with Babz, this is a site for teachers, not students.
But I also agree that the image is in appropriate.

24 Nov 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Oh my God.. So sorry!!!I´m REALLY AM!!! HONEst!CryCry
I promiseHug

My new avatar is from the times I was  a rebel and tatooed my butt!!Shocked
I don �t know why you people ...always  act as puritans but when it comes to stealing or being rude you forget about correctness and the whole thing..and .bla bla bla..
I don�t think I�m being rude, it�s a funny picture that�s all.

You  hide under cute little faces  and/or sweet avatars... and I see no difference.
ciao!!Dead

I find rude when one asks something and people don �t answer. bah!
Btw, your excuse about your students being here is what I don�t understand! The forum and the site (except for the OE). aren�t for your students.
AND I don�t think I have posted all that many posts to be in the front page all the time and be seen by your students who had to see such (accoriding to you) this funny clipart!!. I don´t think I´ve been that much on the forum like some of you who are the 24 hrs popping your heads on the forum to see if they get more downloads or can advertise your blogs!

24 Nov 2009     

Mahalo
United States

sorry, let me clarify- I was getting ready to download on online worksheet, and had this site up on the screen...

24 Nov 2009     

bluebird4
United States

"Oh my God.. So sorry"

You should be sorry.

"it�s a funny picture that�s all"

Apparently not too funny or people would not have written about it.

Trying to
justify one �s actions by pointing blame at others is not the way a mature teacher would behave.

24 Nov 2009     

sylver
Argentina

I totally agree. If you like the picture it�s ok, but there are million of pictures you can choose to put here. I think you are being rude, because the site can be used in the way we want unless we make other people feel uncomfortable or we don�t follow the site�s rules. 

24 Nov 2009     

stuartallen77
China

I think its a great avatar, don �t be so prudish!

24 Nov 2009     

PhilipR
Thailand

I �m a Born Again Atheist, so I couldn �t care less about your avatar. However, this is a community in which many religions and cultures participate and I fully understand that some people take offense. Okay for rebellious students, rather inappropriate for teachers I �m afraid.

24 Nov 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

I �m not catholic but I find it very offensive. How would it look if I used the Mohammad with a bomb turban avatar?  Although it is funny and quite true, it is in poor taste to use it as I know it would be offensive. 

24 Nov 2009     

1    2    3    4    Next >