Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Let us be a bit more dignified!    

Let us be a bit more dignified!

Zora
Canada

You know the saying: "If you �ve got nothing nice to say, don �t say anything at all". - Well, I think a lot of us, who might not feel like answering a member for the 1000th time, are doing just that. If a person is sneaky or uncouth, then why must we stoop to their levels??

No, I think if a person is to answer another here on the forum, they should at least have some decorum. A person is a person, you might not like them or how they act BUT as a person you should respect them or - quite simply - you are disrespecting yourself by stooping to their levels.

20 Jan 2010     

phil niro
Japan

Dear Mariethe House,

I think it is proper to say LET US BE MORE DIGNIFIED since the picture itself is really very offensive and demeaning. YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT THOUGH. Kudos Mariethe House

20 Jan 2010     

phil niro
Japan

I AGREE ZORA. You �re barking in the right way.

20 Jan 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

@phil niro: Everyone can have a bad day. Have you realized only few people is checking for wss and they are mostly the same? There are only about 20-30 people checking and reporting wss on regular basis. Where are the thousands? Isn�t teaching also about helping each others? So why most of the thousands here don�t care about keeping the site clean yet loads of you start criticizing someone who does that almost every day and probably had just a bad day?

Well, I�ve got more important things to do now, so I wish you HAVE A NICE (not bad) DAY.

20 Jan 2010     

phil niro
Japan

Michaela,

Everyone cares in keeping this site clean as expected. In fact, we are sending reactions, suggestions and criticism BUT in constructive approaches. I think the MODERATOR must set the good example.

20 Jan 2010     

phil niro
Japan

I am just wondering Michaela if you have encountered student of the same nature as that friend here who allegedly stolen WS. Are you going to give the student such demeaning object? Please think it more than twice.

20 Jan 2010     

phil niro
Japan

I know Zailda is a good moderator and she �s really working for the good sake of this site and yet, with such absolutely rude picture which she sent to an allegedly thief here , I would suggest  her to clear out her side.

20 Jan 2010     

JudyHalevi
Israel

I loved Zailda �s answer.  The picture is great.  guys - lighten up. 

Hugs from Israel

Judy

20 Jan 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Hi guys!

Not everyone is obliged to share the same sense of what good or bad criticism may be. I agree that everyone deserves respect - since he also respects people. Cheaters disrespect the site and also our profession, so I don �t respect thieves, sorry.

If a person wants to be respected, he has to respect as well. We have a campaign here at the main page against cheaters, and since THE OWNER OF THE SITE started it, I see every day many members participating and not exactly in a "respectful" way and they �re right and have my support.

By extention, I �m at least consistent because I don �t use one tone on Victor �s thread and another in other threads. My position against cheaters is very clear here - I �m totally against.

What disturbs me is a person that copies other person �s work at least three times - needed to be banned, so the OWNER OF THE SITE removes his profile and he comes to the forum to play the victim. And with another profile!

Instead of the bad words I could answer - and in respect for the other members - I sent the picture (as some kind of comfort, what he deserves in my opinion.

I don �t understand why you identify so much with him to feel his pain. He doesn �t deserve any condideration from me, since he didn �t respect the site or the aim of it.

I �m not hypocritical to defend cheater �s feelings, if he didn �t want to be hurt, he shouldn �t have cheated at first.

Good examples? How about tons of work? I work every day and share material (according to the rules), I help everyone who needs or asks for, I help clean the site voting for removal of tons of copies a day?

Which example do you want to follow? From what I understand now, he is "the poor cheater" and I am the "bad moderator". Maybe he deserves more respect than me...

Have a nice day!

20 Jan 2010     

Sara5
Kuwait

Did you think dear teachers that maybe they deleted his ws because they are not esl resources and not because they are stolen?!!!!!!!

It happened with me once. I sent a scientific passage without any questions or activities and it was deleted. So how did you judge on that person that he sent COPY/PASTE OR STOLEN WS???

20 Jan 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    Next >