Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Let us be a bit more dignified!    

Let us be a bit more dignified!

malice6
Poland

Nobody said you �re a bad moderator, dear Zailda, coz it would not be true. But at the same time don �t describe yourself as some martyr - everybody has a lot of other things to do and still helps and contributes here as much as they can.
And I will not agree with the opinion that only 20 or 30 people check the reported wss. There are many more of us, but only those 20 or 30 write their often unnecessary comments: "must go", "must be deleted", etc. This is outrageous, but this is a topic for another thread, I guess.
I agree with those who said that we shouldn �t stoop to sb �s level and when we feel that sb else �s actions are beneath us just ignore them. Then I �m sure that such "difficult" members will get bored sooner or later and will cease to copy our wss.

20 Jan 2010     

zailda
Brazil

@sara, Victor only removes a profile if a person has 3 wss removed as copies, and to vote it we check first. So the person had his profile removed - as he himself said - for infringing the site rules.

20 Jan 2010     

zailda
Brazil

@malice, I �m not describing me as "a kind of martyr" but someone mentioned that I had to provide good examples, so I provided other examples.

If they want to talk about "good criticism" they should be cautious judging someone and criticizing a person, judging my participation here just because of a picture I sent to a cheater. If they like so much "good criticism" they should analize "the whole" and not the particular thing they don �t like.

And I also want to add that the person who started this thread is one member who I haven �t had any contact with before, because I refrained from participating in threads she was taking part in, since she was not exactly "nice" towards other members.

I wonder her reasons to start the thread, since I haven �t noticed her concern on "being nice" bedore - judging from her remarks on threads - so it �s amazing how much she changed her position.

Have a nice day!

20 Jan 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

@malice6: Please, read properly. I haven �t written only 20-30moderators are checking the wss I wrote ONLY 20 - 30 PEOPLE KEEP REPORTING WSS ON REGULAR BASIS in attempt to keep the site as clean as possible. A bit of difference, don �t you think?
And I cannot see any reason why should I be polite to a thief if he/she wasn �t polite enough to upload her own material and yet he/she was cheeky enough to send a thread asking about the reason.

20 Jan 2010     

malice6
Poland

surprise, surprise who �s here:/
And MJ Misa I think you should read your own words more properly: "There are only about 20-30 people checking and reporting wss on regular basis." => this is exatly what you wrote before and certainly not: "ONLY 20 - 30 PEOPLE KEEP REPORTING WSS ON REGULAR BASIS" => which was your later interpretation of your own words.
You don �t see the reason for being polite even towards a dishonest person, I do. Words can really hurt sometimes and such aggression when you write: "stolen", "must go" can only bring about bigger aggression and they result in the situations that such members keep on uploading copied wss, setting new accounts, etc.

20 Jan 2010     

zailda
Brazil

@malice, you are free to see reasons for being polite towards a thief, in the same way we don �t. It �s your POV. I don �t see any reason for being polite towards a cheater, a thief, who is cheeky enough to come to the forum to whine about his lost account.

If a person acts dishonestly, don �t expect respect or politeness from others, at least not from me. I �m not a hypocritical.

BTW, we both (me and you) know why you are defending a cheater, don �t we?

Have a nice day.

Zailda

20 Jan 2010     

malice6
Poland

I �m not defending this member. And again this is not what this thread was open for. You are quite cheeky too - you always know what to write to twist everything round.
This thread is about the REACTIONS towards dishonest memebers. If you still don �t get it, there �s no point in further discussion.

20 Jan 2010     

malice6
Poland

I �m not defending this member. And again this is not what this thread was open for. You are quite cheeky too - you always know what to write to twist everything round.
This thread is about the REACTIONS towards dishonest memebers. If you still don �t get it, there �s no point in further discussion.

20 Jan 2010     

malice6
Poland

20 Jan 2010     

zailda
Brazil

malice6
Poland

Hi!

I �m not cheeky at all, but since you decided to give up the "dignity, politeness, or whatever" you seem to be defending here, calling me "cheeky" doesn �t add any strenght to the POV you say you are defending.

Cheeky is a person - LIKE YOU - who has so many worksheets removed as copies and comes to the forum to tell me I AM cheeky. Values inversion, isn �t it?

Have a nice day.

EDIT: It�s easy to know what to say when you are coherent, and don�t change ideas or sides according to whose thread you are participating in, whose person you are replying to. I�m consistent, I don�t change my speech from time to time, according to my own benefit.

20 Jan 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    Next >