Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Let us be a bit more dignified!    

Let us be a bit more dignified!

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

malice6: Gosh, do you understand English? Checking wss = going through new contributions and reporting them. Is that clear enough for you now? And this is the last thing I am going to write to you.
BTW - I also admire your courage as you are one of those whose wss were reported for copying. Is that the reason you�re defending a thief? You want us to be polite to you? Sorry, but I will NOT. Thieves don �t deserve politeness at all. Why won �t you spend some time by creating your own work instead of defending thieves?

20 Jan 2010     

zailda
Brazil

You are funny, guys! You rush to defend people who blatantly disrespect the splendid site Victor prepared and the work of thousands of real teachers who come here every day to share the best they have. Should I respect people who come here just to destroy what we try to build with our efforts? We dedicate time and part of our life here and you tell me that I wasn�t polite towards a cheeky thief?

Maybe I am not able to teach your students, as someone had mentioned, and it�s because I don�t understand you values scale, a scale where a thief is defended even after harming the site you pretend to be defending.

Am I to be polite to a thief? I don�t think so. In same cultures, they have the right hand cut, is this respect enough for you? I�m not part of your culture, but from my POV and in my country, thieves are not respected because they don�t respect the society they belong to.

Respect is to be deserved, and you deserve respect in the same measurement you give it. You seem to be more concerned about the treatment I gave to a cheater than to the fact that he was banned from here, so he shouldn�t even have the right to post anything on the forum. He was banned because � from his own words - his wss infringed the site rules. He himself admitted it in his initial post. Is it a reason to respect him? I don�t think so.

I won�t apologize, and won�t spare anyone from what I have to say. If what I have to say is bad or good, it�s just a question of interpretation, and each one interprets according to what is the best for him. I won�t spare anyone from what I have to say.

�If you don�t have anything nice to say, don�t say anything�. Wise words, but I don�t use them very much. Jesus Christ, maybe. If I have something to say, I say it. And say it loud. If it hurts someone�s feelings, I�m sorry, but it�s part of the communication process.

I�m not lenient when it comes to cheating, even with my students, and I won�t change my POV just because some disagree with me.

Have a nice day!

20 Jan 2010     

malice6
Poland

Actually, I spend quite alot of time crating my own wss and doing other things, too. Now, for instance, i �m going to prepare dinner for my family, so you have some more time to insult me.
MJ Misa you prove once more that you don �t read what is written -  I wrote I was not defending anybody.
This thread is just about who will write such comments as: "must go", "to be deleted", "stolen, remove", etc. and paste such controversial pictures as Zailda did.
I just want  you to realize that some of us find it not right and I think that such words and pictures will just unnecessary fan the flame of abuse!!! (please, mind the ambiguity of this word).

20 Jan 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Look at this definition for insult: to treat or speak to insolently or with contemptuous rudeness; affront.

Up to now, I haven �t insulted you yet.

But I consider an insult a person like you, who had so many wss reported as stolen, becoming a moderator. Moreover, coming to the forum and calling me "cheeky" (isn �t it an insult?).

But in your ambiguous POV, sending a picture to a cheater is unacceptable, but calling another member "cheeky" is OK. I think Cheaters have to be treated nice, but not other members.... You preach one thing and do a different one, you are not consistent. Your convictions are vague and ambiguous, they vary according to your convenience.

Have a nice day / evening!

20 Jan 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

malice, and you know I don �t find right? Someone like YOU preaching about manners!  I am just curious what are you going to write under your reported wss which is an entire copy!!!!! AGAIN! 

20 Jan 2010     

Stellam
Argentina

Hi everybody
I can �t believe some of you make so much fuss around what I considered a very intelligent and straightforward joke in response to an utterly cheeky post. I never regret having a good laugh when there�s a chance and I never will. To me it�s a healthy approach to life and I strongly recommend it.
There isn�t much I can add to what Zailda, Michaela and Silke have already said. I support their words because they express exactly what I think.

Have a nice day/evening

Stella

20 Jan 2010     

malice6
Poland

Zailda, Michaela and Silke - "holly trinity". Or rather some kind of mutual adoration society. Funny isn �t it? Hope you have a good laugh now too.
You are really lucky if you trully support their words, because I do not always think in the same way as them. Everytime I try to show my point of view or support sb else �s idea (which disagrees with the "trinity"), they start to argue, they send pm to each other and try to find support whereever it �s possible.
They always remind that they have the right to have their own opinion, but can �t respect other �s ponit of view. And it �s sad, isn �t it.

20 Jan 2010     

zailda
Brazil

I �m straight to my opinions, I hate cheaters so I don �t cheat.

You, by your side, defend their rights. And you want to teach me good manner lessons - and so you call me "cheeky". Is it part of your lesson?

We �re here to protect the site against people like you, who take what you want and give.... what?

Do you teach your students to cheat and them imagine a scheme to get away with murder - like you did?

Someone mentioned a bad example - is your behavior a good example?

Why do you want us to let you "express your opinion", if they are only lies?

If you say something and act differently, you are lying. We don �t want to listen to your lies. We already have enough of them.

20 Jan 2010     

malice6
Poland

Really? My opinions are all lies and only what you say is right??? No surprises you get support. If there �s no other option but agree with you or else you �re put at the wall and become a living target for such ppl like you. You are good at offending and repeating your empty words like nobody else.
I didn �t say that what I did (however undeliberately) was to set a good example, but you don �t set any good examples either.

20 Jan 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Yes, I do. Maybe you don �t think they are worth of being followed, but since I started here I have acted honestly. Is it too much for you? Just give it a try.

And I don �t know why you feel insulted if everything I said is based on real facts. Or did I say something that hasn �t happened?

You talk about your intentions when doing wrong things, I only talk about the facts. And ladybird provided the discussion we had some days ago, where you show your real face. Your sentence in your mother tongue is really cute, isn �t it?

Again, you are saying one thing and acting differently.

20 Jan 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    Next >