Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > BIG ESL PRINTABLES MEMBER MEETING (CONGRESS) 2    

BIG ESL PRINTABLES MEMBER MEETING (CONGRESS) 2

Anneclaire
Italy

I �ve just read all the messages...a meeting for ESL teachers... it �s such a great idea! If we meet if Europe (Seville or London), I �ll do my best to join the group! Keep me informed!

13 Feb 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Philip`s idea is good!

Anyone interested in second life, here`s the link, I will give it a try =)

13 Feb 2010     

portugueseteacher
Portugal

I think the idea of a meeting is fantastic!!

We should bear in mind that:

-prices should be affordable since many of us don �t earn that much;
-the location should meet the majority of votes;
-it should be planned in advance and wisely.

jUST SOME SUGGESTIONS....

Hugs to this wonderful group!

14 Feb 2010     

Bare
Croatia

I support the idea, it would be great....but we might have some problems in realisation.

I discussed it with my colleague ( she �s an expert for finding finances for projects) and we tried to find some possibilities how to make it affordable for most of us.

so here �s one more suggestion

- maybe this could be presented as a new project included in the Lifelong Learning Programme at least for European countries. This way more people could afford it .ESL printables might be presented on e-Twinning and our work as different  learning and teaching methodologies. Most of you already have experience with Comenius projects so you probably know what I �m talking about.I  will send Lana and Mena more information about it so if they/you  are interested ...Wink

Have a look:
Professional Development Workshops (more on
http://www.etwinning.net/en/pub/professional_development/european_workshops.htm

14 Feb 2010     

libertybelle
United States

I know that this idea is pretty far-fetched - but a congress is really something that
would give every teacher a lot of inspiration for their jobs. Perhaps some of our members who don �t have the money should ask their schools to fund a trip for them.
I know that many schools "say" they have no money, but it really is in the school �s interest to have the best and most inspired and motivated teachers. We �re all interested because we love our jobs.
Can you imagine the ideas everyone would go home with after a 3 days conference with a good agenda relating to ESL teaching??  It would be astounding!

If this were a perfect world, teachers wouldn �t have to pay for this themselves, the schools would!!!

14 Feb 2010     

Crespus2006
United States

That �s an amazing idea! I �d love to go! In my opinion the perfect place for this meeting is in the USA!

14 Feb 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

Lana, the idea is great, don �t you go minimizing your motivating powers now!!!

I just wanted to add that I �m willing to join wherever and whenever. (However, due to my baby coming and the costs of living, I �m not sure I �d be able. Which doesn �t mean I don �t support the idea!) In my heart, I will surely be present when it takes place!

Go for it, any way you can! A single drop of rain raises the ocean! So don �t worry if it starts small - where there is heart, there is a way.

14 Feb 2010     

ants
Switzerland

I think it �s a fabulous idea...I might not be able to make it....I never know what �s happening with our holidays from year to year (and we �ve had a fabulous one in Oz that cost a lot of money)....but I am behind the idea, 100 percent too!!
The very best of luck organizing it, Lana, and as Anita said...where �s there �s a heart, there �s a way!!
hugs,
Fiona

14 Feb 2010     

class centre
Belarus

isn �t it necessary to think of the topic of the congress?
Or will it be a mere party? ( which I also accept).
Shall we open a thread to gather propsals on what would be interesting to discuss or inform the colleagues about?...
Just hugs, kisses and personal conversations will also be good for me.
Natasha

14 Feb 2010     

maoopa
China

That �s a good idea, Natasha.

Maybe we can still have many topics related to on-line collaboration.

14 Feb 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11    12    13    14    15    Next >