Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > IT ´S NICE TO BE IMPORTANT, BUT IT ´S MORE IMPORTANT TO BE NICE!!!    

IT ´S NICE TO BE IMPORTANT, BUT IT ´S MORE IMPORTANT TO BE NICE!!!

domnitza
Romania

IT ´S NICE TO BE IMPORTANT, BUT IT ´S MORE IMPORTANT TO BE NICE!!!

First of all, I must apologize for not remembering to whom this quotation belongs. I don �t even know if this is a quotation. I have a slight idea that there is a song containing the line above. (I don �t even like the song...) But this describes best what I am going to tell you.

When Vanda was asked where she took her cliparts and illustrations from, she posted a message on the borad, so that everyone could see it and check those sites. The same did other members, either asked or just because they had come across interesting and useful stes of cliparts/illustartions and wanted TO SHARE them with all of us. Once in a while, somebody posts messages about sites she/he found, so that all of us could use them as we please.

Once again, this site is not a collection of borders and clipars, so printables containing only cliparts, illustrations and/or borders, no matter how cute they are, ARE NOT AN ESL resource. They are just cliparts, illustrations or borders. Why do people continue downloading these worksheets? Could one of the reasons be the fact that they do not know the site(s) they were taken from? Maybe if people were nicer and wrote on the forum about these precious sites, we wouldn �t have this conversation over and over again!

So, here are my favourite sites of cliparts and illustrations:

I also choose Francais on google and type: gifs/cliparts centerblog. There are lots of nice images. (Beware of the viruses, though!!!)

Now, elpapi, don �t you think it would be nice of you to share with all of us the site you took your illustrations from? Stop being a paster! Or at least be a nice one!
Remember: It �s nice to be important, but it �s more important to be nice!

15 Mar 2009      

Damielle
Argentina

You are right domnitza to bring this topic to the forum. this member has got almost 800 from pasting clipart on a word document!!! and the fact that people have downloaded those printables is even more serious!!!

When we register, we accept the rules of the site and they exist not only for the uploader but also for the downloader!!!! To those who download these printables, don �t you see that you are fostering this cheating?? Do you do the same with your pupils???

15 Mar 2009     

Isabel L
Spain

You both are right, of course. But there is something I find even more worrying: some users keep downloading and writing nice comments after someone has reported a ws as stolen o after seeing that it is just a nice picture taken from the internet. They simply don �t care about how hard other people work to make their ws.

And the saddest thing is that we are teachers and if this is our attitude in life, that �s what we are teaching our students: never mind if you �re doing the right thing, just if it will benefit you somehow. Really depressing Thumbs Down

15 Mar 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

Some teachers agree with this "pasting pictures" on a word document. See the comments on this printable ( I wouldn �t call it "worksheet").

From some comments I have read, I can see that some teachers seem to ignore this site rules. Please read them again

15 Mar 2009     

Aimee/S.
Israel

Hello dear and talented Dominitza,
You are so right! I �ve been upset about the very same person you mention and for the very same reasons, of course! Earning so many points for pasting cliparts... I posted a message about this issue a few days ago, but I didn �t dare to write the names of these people ... But you did it and that �s wonderful! Congratulations and many thanks!
In my message, I expressed my frustration towards the ones among us who keep on downloading all this stuff! We have to downloaded wisely; we don �t have to download every day 30 ws just because they are for free!!!
Thanks again for caring,
Aimee

15 Mar 2009     

MissMelissa12
Peru

Well HoNESTLY I canot tell when a worksheet is stolen, copied or not. I want to thank to all the members who take the time to warn us about these seudo worksheets.

About El Papi worksheets, it seems many people did like what he did, If the exaclty picture was taken from another website then it �d be great someone sends the link and add it as a comment below the referred worksheet.

I like those pictures, I dont know if he did it by himself or not. I �d like to download this worksheet but if someone can provide with the link where he took it from exactly the way that drawing is I �d appreciate it a lot. And of course I wouldnt download his worksheets.

Miss Melissa. Hug

15 Mar 2009     

dragonfly2
Portugal

Really, why are some of you always pointing fingers and accusing other members?? As I see it, you don �t even know if this member has done the drawings himself! And who cares if he has taken them from somewhere else? Maybe his work doesn �t suit YOU, but can you understand that it may suit other people???

Some of you talk about being an example for our students. Well, is accusing and saying bad things about other people (and without having proof!) setting a good example????

It �s sad that some members seem to have taken the role of police officers or something for themselves. It looks like you are waiting for something bad to come up so that you can jump and accuse!!!

Stop focusing on what YOU think it �s bad and start mentioning the good things! You see, the nice messages on the forum about other members � work are very rare!! Why don �t you jump when there is a really nice worksheet? Huh?

15 Mar 2009     

silvanija
Lithuania

Look what I �ve found

I think that member just scans books Unhappy

Ooops, the book includes CD with images.

15 Mar 2009     

frenchfrog
France

I guess we don �t have the same definition of the word "WORK", dragonfly2...

15 Mar 2009     

dragonfly2
Portugal

That �s exactly my point, frenchfrog...

15 Mar 2009     

frenchfrog
France

I think there is a minimum we must do...

15 Mar 2009     

1    2    3    4    Next >