Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > THE ESL BOOK CLUB!    

THE ESL BOOK CLUB!

Nebal
Lebanon

Pinarrrrrrrr, are u still here???
Pinar, I also read Tess of the D �Urberville and Anna Karanina, but the latter is awesome. I cried at the end, and didn´t accept it.

19 Aug 2009     

mariannina
Italy

My favourite ever is "Pride and prejudice". I like it because it �s never old fashioned, it seems written in our days for the way we have to judge at first sight.

19 Aug 2009     

Nereis
Argentina

My favourite books are Gone with the wind by Margaret Mitchell ( i love the film too), Whutering Heights by Emily Bronte and The name of the Rose ( I don �t know if it �s correct the name in English) by Umberto Eco. I read them more than 15 years ago. Now I haven �t had enough time to read as I �d like. I like a lot some books by Marcos Aguinis, I love mistery so Stephen King and Agatha Christie are genious for me and I really love historical books and biographies. In fact, I love reading!!!!Smile

19 Aug 2009     

Zora
Canada

Can we say authors as well as books? I am an avid book reader and whenever certain  authors bring out a new book I must read it.. or..I �ll die...!! LOL

Let �s see.

Books I loved... so many to list...

The Egyptian by Mika Waltari
The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe by CS Lewis
Foucault �s Pendulum by Humberto Eco
Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery
The Clan of the Cave Bear - by J.Auel (thanks Anita, I forgot about this one... I read it when I was 14 and just loved it.)
Tigana - Guy Gavriel
Riding the  Red Rooster by Paul Theroux
The Hobbit by Tolkien

Writers I love:

Anne Rice
Edgar Allen Poe
George RR Martin
Caleb Carr
Marion Zimmer Bradly
John Saul
V.C. Andrews
Marion Keys
Ken Follet
Bernard Cornwall

Series I enjoyed:

Harry Potter
Naria
Twilight
A Song of Ice and Fire
Anne of Avalon (Anne of Green Gables)
The Mists of Avalon
Vampire Chronicles
Lord of the Rings

And the list could go on... but these are books I  have reread at least twice, not to say three or four times so far.

19 Aug 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

Hello Zorita,

I �ve never liked Edga Allen Poe!!! When I was at univ, I didn �t read any of his stories. But, I read the summaries and studied notebooks and critical studies instead.

However, I agree with you when it comes to Vampire Chronicles & Lord of the Rings.

19 Aug 2009     

Portugal

mariannina,

In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.

Can you think of a more contradictory, senseless, unreasonable, desperate love declaration?  Yet so intense, particularly in Colin Firth�s performance.

The Mists of Avalon: I read the whole series. About the first book: just couln �t stop; I read  it a long time ago, but remember it took me 3 nights. 

19 Aug 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

Most of my favourite books have been listed already. I have just finished reading Ken Fowlett �s The Pillars of the Earth and will order World Without End.  Can �t wait to read it! Meanwhile, I have started to read Maeve Binchy �s Whitethorn Woods.  I love her novels: Tara Road, The Copper Beech (one of my professors had a copper beech in front of his house. It is the only one I have seen but it was so beautiful that I never forgot), Circle of Friends, Evening Class...
My daughters are also avid readers. I think it is the most important thing that I have given them.

19 Aug 2009     

yayamaj
Turkey

What about Philippa Gregoires "The Tudor" Series???

I have already read The Other Boleyn Girl, The Queen �s Fool and The Virgin �s Lover. They are fantastic; also I like Twilight Series!!!

19 Aug 2009     

LuciaRaposo
Portugal

Hi there

I �m reading THORN BIRDS by Colleen McCullough..

I �ve read some others by the same author .... "Tim"; "On and Off" and "The Touch"

I love all of them...I �m trying to read all her books.

19 Aug 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Yep, Phillipa �s "The Other Boleyn Girl" makes you want to read and read. It gives an insight into the schemes going on in court at the time and all the hypocrisy ... When you think about it, nothing �s changed after 500 years. It �s just more modern. "The Queen �s Fool" is still on the shelf waiting for me to read it.

19 Aug 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    Next >