Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > THE ESL BOOK CLUB!    

THE ESL BOOK CLUB!

MartaZ
Poland

I noticed the post about 4 hours ago when I was literally leaving home. I wanted to join in immediately but couldn �t. Now I �m back and, there you are, still listing your favourite books Smile For me it �s:

�The Wind in the Willows � (with original pictures by E.H. Shepard) - what a treat!!!
�The Hobbit �
�Pride and Prejudice �
�Ellegance �
by Kathleen Tessaro (has any of you girls read it? - girls, it �s rather girlish :)
�Lucia, Lucia � by Adriana Trigiani
�Three Men in a Boat �

19 Aug 2009     

gloriawpai
Brazil

Da Vinci Code, angels and Demons, Deception Point - Dan Brown �s
Are you afraid of the dark, If tomorrow comes, the other side of midnight - Sidney Sheldon �s
Forrest gump
John Grishaw �s books
Agatha Christie �s
and many others

19 Aug 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

Ivona sent me a copy of a fantastic book ie. "The Horse �s Mouth" by Joyce Carey. I could not recommend this book highly enough. It is part of a trilogy. The other two being, "Herself Surprised" and "To be a Pilgrim". But the "Horse �s Mouth" surpasses the latter two. The rose among the thorns Smile. Try to get it. You will never forget "Gully" ( an artist...also a con-artist LOL ) who breaks with conformity and lives a wonderful life as he allows his spirit to soar freely. Really is a terrific read.
CarolineHug

PS. I think Ivona herself may be a bit like GullyLOL

19 Aug 2009     

Zora
Canada

Oh I forgot... "The Eight" by Katherine Neville! Wonderful read...

@ Marta! Wind in the Willows!! How could I have forgotten that one! It �s one of my childhood favorites! Badger, Rat, Mole and Toadie, how could I have forgotten you?? Shame on me! Embarrassed

19 Aug 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I just love to read, but here are some books I really enjoyed...

Angels and Demons by Dan Brown

The Lord of the Rings  by J.R.R. Tolkien

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

Roots by Alex Hailey

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell

19 Aug 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

"Rain on the Wind" by Walter Macken.
"Twenty Years A-Growing" by Maurice O �Sullivan.  Two wonderful books.
Easy to see that my grandmother was Irish Big smile

Ps. That´s her in the avatar.

19 Aug 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

The Clan of the Cave Bear and Angela �s Ashes  both have been mentioned by I have to say I really enjoyed these two books as well.

19 Aug 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Wouldn �t it be great if you wrote a very very very short description of the less known books? At least the genre ... It would make me choose among them more easily.

19 Aug 2009     

libertybelle
United States

I know what I �ll be reading the next 10 year!!! Thumbs Up

I also loved:

The Ramses books by Christian Jacq

The Hiram Key - A realy interesting book about the free masons and more!!

When Christopher Knight and Robert Lomas, both Masons, set out to find the origins of freemasonry they had no idea they would find themselves unravelling the true story of Jesus Christ and the original Jerusalem Church.

The Ripper And The Royals by Melvyn Fairclough - a whole new version of Jack the Ripper and a conspiracy plot by the Free Masons in Britain.

Down and Out in London and Paris by George Orwell

The ABC (Kinsey Mulhone) books by Sue Grafton

All the books about The Number One Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith
(about a wonderfully plumb and very wise woman detective in Botswana)

Notes from a Small Island by Bill Bryson

19 Aug 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

Watership Down, by Richard Adams, is a fantastic novel.

And my father �s favourite author was Louis L �Amour - so, as we had many of his books at home, I began to read and enjoy them. I �m not a �wild west � kind of person but I really liked L �Amour �s stories, especially Down the Long Hills which is about a 7 year old boy and 3 year old girl who escape Indian massacre and travel alone to meet boy �s father.

19 Aug 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    Next >