Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Letter to Katiana and related parties    

Letter to Katiana and related parties

volga
United States

We should not be discussing this issue too much. It will make the work of a lawyer more difficult.

12 Dec 2009     

Zdenda
Czech Republic

Sorry, my mistake. But as both of the books are God�s word, I believe the rule is the same in both of them.

12 Dec 2009     

silvia.patti
Italy

Zdenda, I think so.
I was wondering about the contrary. Thanks Lana

12 Dec 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Religion is irrelevant to the discussion- legal rights & not morality are the issue here.

Regards,
AB

12 Dec 2009     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

One thing you should know for sure it �s that the old myth that if it doesn �t have a copyright notice, it �s free for use. The real fact it �s that EVERYTHING is copyrighted unless EXPRESSED OTHERWISE. This is the international term, not the opposite.

If you are a serious company, like you have said, you HAVE TO KNOW about this, since the company would also not want to see its work somewhere else, and in fact, it �s only reasonable that before you published anything you would have searched for information about copyrights and would know that already.

As a serious publishing company, 25 years in the market, you would know that it �s YOUR JOB to give credits to ANY WORK that doesn �t belong to the company, you should know that it �s not PROPER to use work without EXPRESSED PERMISSION (personal and/or commercial permission) by the author. It doesn �t matter if the statement was or wasn �t in this website.

Certainly the authors � lawyers, and yours for that matter, will warn the parts (you and the eslprintables.com members who have been injured) that what HAD TO BE EXPLICIT was a notice for free use (both personal and commercial) for you to be able to use all and any work from the website in your books. Which is not the case.

There hasn �t been any confusion or baseless accusations, and AFS YAYINCILIK will certainly have to prove the law courts not only that it didn �t have bad faith, which alone will be hard, but also that didn �t know the international copyrights laws, which being a 25 year-old company, will be almost impossible.

All this community is united and will support all the injured members.
With all due respect, don �t expect any kind of sympathy.
May justice be done.

12 Dec 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

For one moment, I was afraid this person would not be the person he says he is, but maybe someone mocking the issue.. It can �t be true he came up to the board to say all these things with such ignorance! 

12 Dec 2009     

veljaca82
Australia

Stealing is simply wrong thing! That �s what we all agree on.

That someone has stolen someone �s work and is making profit out of it, it �s even worse. You don �t have to be religious to believe this. You just have to be fair to yourself and others.

Katiana and all other members whose wss have been used for making profits without their permission have our support.

I believe that we should stop arguing with the company in question on this site because there is possibility that our comments could make things even worse - I mean for Katiana and other members whose wss have been stolen.

Katiana, I hope everything will end up well. Keep us posted.

Hugs to all wonderful teachers on this site!

12 Dec 2009     

donapeter
Romania

I am shocked but......I am not surprised that someone who steals other people �s work can  have such a language!!!! 
This is the quality of such people!!!!! 
We ca �t expect a thief to apologize or to behave!!

12 Dec 2009     

lomasbello
Venezuela

AFS YAYINCILIK, You can not justify your behaviour with others � mistakes. If you and your company is as honest and reliable as you say, you would know that plagiarism is a matter of legacy. You can not take others � work and publish them as they are yours even if it is a simple phrase.

Honestly, I expected another kind of speech.

For me your post does not have any sense

12 Dec 2009     

cutemisswang
Taiwan

I don �t think the word "sorry" is in their books.

12 Dec 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    Next >