Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Cancelled account    

Cancelled account

mena22
Portugal

Siemes, again you �re guessing and this does not help in any way to solve the problem, I �m sorry. No one has said that copied material should stay. These were victor �s words in his first post: "Of course, those worksheets have to be removed". "He" says? Who �s He? Victor, the man who created this site and made it possible for us to be here right now? Please, rudeness is not the way to help in this situation either.

16 Feb 2010     

Siemes_
Brazil

Sorry Mena, but the truth always hurts and must be told and I am not being rude just expressing what I think about this subject besides I really know that my humble opinion never will count here for anyone, but I do my part and together others I claim for justice for everybody and not just for 1 or 2. No one should get special treatment here or anywhere, why nowadays in this modern world we live in we fight a lot to our students understand and have some respect to the differences but treat others equal? Why some receive special treatment and others are left behind? Is it fair?Smile 

16 Feb 2010     

mena22
Portugal

No Siemes, no one is saying that it is fair. But it is also not fair to put words in other people �s mouths. No one said that copied material should stay. Again, victor �s words were, and I quote, ""Of course, those worksheets have to be removed".

16 Feb 2010     

Carla Horne
United States

I am with Zalida. I have lost faith in the abuse page. I tried very hard even though I �m not good at investigating where a ws came from. What did I get for my efforts? Nothing. Victor refused to even acknowledge my pms and I was working for free for him because I believed in this site. I don �t know what to think, except that points do not mean anything. Am I angry? Yes. Am I disappointed? Yes. I �ll stay for a little while to see if a new and improved Phoenix rises from the ashes of today. 

16 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Some members say that Victor does whatever he wants, but he himself said he doesn �t want copied wss here. But what happened - some moderators voted against the removal of 4 worksheets, and that was the reason I had to report 9 at one time. How come some members with more than 1.000 points and perfectly aware of the site rules, with the duty of cleaning the site according to the rules, ignore the links proving they were copies and vote them to stay?

What lame excuse can justify that some moderators took the rules in hands and did whatever they wanted? How come they tell us that "we must respect Victor �s rules and remain silent"? If they were the first who blatantly disrespected his rules moved by personal reasons? Why do they tell us that we have to agree if they pretend to agree and later disrespect the site owner �s rules?

How can we have a site for professionals and respected by the members if the moderators who rush in Victor �s defense (which he doesn �t need and as far as I know didn �t ask for either) telling us to shut up and if we don �t agree we have to leave?

How come the double-faced members accuse us for unfairly reporting perfect copies? How come they miss the friendship and fairness at this site if they are the first to attack without proofs and to ignore the rules? How come they tell us we are destroying the site �s atmosphere if they are so unfriendly?

How come they ask us to listen to them if they don �t listen to us and distort our words telling this is a case against Mar?

16 Feb 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Zailda, I sent you a pm but it seems you won �t reply

Why don �t you, I, everybody get over it?

You keep on talking and talking and talking...

I am still waiting for the answer you said you �d give me after you read Victor �s response, he alredy did! he already said how things work and it seems you keep on questioning his decision.

Well, I am no longer interested in that but I do feel interested in knowing who are those guys you are refering to? the rude ones, the ones who isnult? I am sure I am one of them according to you and I ask for the proofs...

Hope now you do reply my quesetion and do not reply again with something different

And now that you refer to the new contribution of MAr which is reported well... please read this and I am sooo sure you agree

Victor �s words:

Old worksheets must only be reported if they are copied, not if they are repeated

16 Feb 2010     

Carla Horne
United States

Please let Zalida rest. We �re all very sad and disillusioned.

16 Feb 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Carla, is that message for me?

16 Feb 2010     

Carla Horne
United States

Yes, sleep on it before anything else is said. There are so many hurt feelings here. i feel as if this place burned today and may not ever be the same for me again.

16 Feb 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

I am hurt too, not only Zailda or you and if she wants to reply tomorrow, that is ok for me but I do want the response...

16 Feb 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11    12    13    14    15    16    17    18    19    20    21    22    Next >