Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Cancelled account    

Cancelled account

Yulia Mo
Russian Federation

Zailda, MJ, thanks for your support.
Zora. May be you are right and Mar didn �t know about the wss that were copied from books. So why do you think when she found out she preferred not to do anything about it? She would rather accuse us of something. This is the only question i �m asking that makes me doubt that she knew nothing from the beginning.
As Silvia said, if she came and asked for some time to make changes and explained everything, noone would vote, like we do sometimes, because obviously many people appreciate her here.
I would really love to see her here in this thread.
Thanks Victor for being around. I understand it �s not easy to deal with so many women and remain cool. But you are the best and i �m sure u �ll find the best solution to the conflict, like you always did.
Again and again we are talking about rules. I guess they need to be clarified.

15 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

I couldn �t agree more, Yulia.

15 Feb 2010     

almaz
United Kingdom

Just found this thread. There seems to be a real issue of �ownership � here. Obviously, without Victor there would be no site but, equally, without the �users � and contributors there would be no site worth talking about either.

Oh, and another thing: what does �Mar � think about all this?

15 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Hi almaz, we �re not questioning the ownership, just discussing an issue about the way rules apply to the members.

But it�s an interesting POV, Victor created the site and we provided the work. We are part of the site too. We have to thank him every day for his wonderful idea but we pay the way we can as well.

Being thankful is OK, isn�t it? We don�t need to be obsequious. We can speak our minds, we don�t need to lower our heads  and say: "OK boss" even if we don�t agree. Victor is a fair person and I�m sure he doesn�t have any intention of making us shut up, as some members want to.

15 Feb 2010     

Yulia Mo
Russian Federation

I would REALLY love to know what Mar thinks...

15 Feb 2010     

Zora
Canada

Yulia.

By the time, Mar found out, her account was on the verge of being cancelled. There was nothing she could do. She had no time to do anything. And even if she did, there were like 9 worksheets that there getting voted on. Even now somebody is scouring her work as there is another worksheet - this time - unjustly reported since it �s a zero pointer from the same day and obviously a glitch.

Perhaps, it was an unfortunate coincidence but I wonder if something else wasn �t driving the person who reported it????

15 Feb 2010     

Yulia Mo
Russian Federation

Zora.
Mar appeared on the reports page the first day he wss were reported. That day they weren �t removed. Neither did we get any explanation from her. That �s why the next day there were more reported, because people thought it wasn �t fair. Yet again she didn �t do anything.
I don �t believe people here are so cruel to would have done it if she asked them not to.
So does she really care?
And as for today �s hunting her work. I wouldn �t be surprised actually if it continues. Because people still think that she wasn �t treated fairly. And sorry, i �m also not sure that there aren �t more to find.
Just my IMHO

15 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Zora, if one of Mar �s wss was reported today it was not from one of us. As you can easily check, none of us is engaged in the reporting/removing thing anymore. And all her wss can be reported for all I care. I don �t know her and as I said she isn �t the topic at this thread.

If her wss is reported there �ll be no problem to solve it, since there are only friends of hers voting now.

We don �t want to know what �s going on at the reporting page. It �s your problem now, not ours.

15 Feb 2010     

mena22
Portugal

I haven �t been around much this week because, as some of you know, I �m on holidays in my hometown. I log in almost everyday though, so I �m afraid I can �t say I wasn �t expecting a "storm". I was. Not this big maybe, but definitely big enough to shake us all.

For those who asked for my opinion, here it is:

Victor decided to maintain Mar �s account on the grounds that:

- Mar was a good contributor (she spent many hours preparing resources to share with us), friendly and helpful and, therefore, shouldn �t be treated the same as a new user who just uploaded three worksheets and the three were exact copies;

- a year ago he made the mistake to tell Mar that she could keep her mother �s work in her account, not knowing some of it were copies.

Had it happened to me, I mean, if I were victor, I would have probably done the same. As a gentleman, he blamed no one but himself for the situation, assuming full responsibility for his actions. Furthermore, I find it unfair that a member who has contributed so much to this site is discharged just like that. So, I understand victor �s reaction and I am not shocked with his decision to keep Mar �s account. (I suppose all the copies will be removed)

But now, I am also aware that his decision has certain implications, one of them being reanalysing the rule of the 3 strikes, i.e., "who" is banned from the site and "how". As a wise, sensible man, I �m sure victor is already thinking about this and soon he �ll let us know what his decision was.

As for Zailda, David Lisgo and Coquina (I �m sorry if I am forgetting someone), I am deeply sorry they have been mistreated by some moderators. They were just doing their job. None of this is their fault. Would I have reported other worksheets from Mar the following day? No. As I asked in the reported contributions page,  we should wait. We should give time to Mar to do what she found best - update her worksheets or remove them. Even though I totally disagree with reporting the worksheets the following day, I cannot blame Zailda, David or Coquina for choosing to do so. It was their will and they had the right to do so. We should accept that fact.

I must go now. Let �s wait quietly for victor �s suggestions for the rule of the 3 strikes. Please.
Hugs,
mena

15 Feb 2010     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Mena,

I know what you mean.. It �s totally true that no-one wants people to lose their accounts. But let me tell you that... Mar did have the time to update or remove the worksheets but instead she only showed up to say that people were jealous of her and we never heard of her again. I don �t think she is that nice then since
she only logged in again to say people were reporting out of jealousy! and didn�t even bother in cheking the links which were clear! If she had been humble enough to recognize the mistake nothing of this would�ve happened because she could have updated the printables and/or delete them herself and upload them again later on.
But not, she prefered to accuse people of being BAD, jealous and sad!... And I now ask myself, jealous of what? of being �special� and able to upload many copied things and yet get away with it?
I was also shocked to find this member accused so badly of jealousy and revenge the first person who reported her contriutions. http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=7751

But let me clarify this, what was being discussed really are the rules not the relationship some people had with this person. Things got somehow distorted because some people claim that others wnat to impose their opinion while they are the only ones doing so. Calling the site falling apart because things are not the way they want. so...

15 Feb 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11    12    13    14    15    16    17    18    19    20    21    22    Next >