Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Cancelled account    

Cancelled account

FroggyClaudine
France

Once more, Victor, you make things all right for everyone and I thank you for this. I �d also like to react to Julieta words. I think this site is just wonderful. The problem is that I �m obviously not the only one to think so and thank goodness for it ! But it �s the same as having living in a big city or a small village. When you live in a small village, you know your neighbours, you are always helpful but when you live in a big city, you tend to become more selfish. It �s a bit what is happening to this site. As more and more people are getting to know it, more and more people want to take advantage of it and some of these people are not as friendly as others because they just want to take and not give in exchange or give a minimum.
I always read the forum and am always truely amazed at how quickly someone asking for help gets it. And this what it �s all about : sharing.
Some people get it and some don �t. And if by being sometimes nasty with dishonest people we keep this spirit of friendship, I say that �s good.
A little while ago, I got a phone call from a French member of the site and it was just wondeful being able to talk about the site and others as if I had known this person for long because it was exactly what I felt.
So I say I cross my fingers to see this site growing to a little town where people keep caring about their neighbours.

14 Feb 2010     

carinaluc
Argentina

I agree with you, Victor.  Mar is a dedicated teacher and contributor to our site, and I think we cannot afford to lose her!!!

Hugs

Carina

14 Feb 2010     

emulator
Egypt

I have a s...d question now! If it wasn �t Victor who cancelled Mar �s account, who else has this privilege on this site?

another question: If I �m away from the site for a couple of days or weeks, can I come back to find that all my work and my whole account has been deleted ! Shocked

I really need a suggestion for a permanent solution not for individual cases !

14 Feb 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

I don �t know much about programming but wouldn �t it be possible to inform the members about their wss being reported as a copy? Some kind of automatic message maybe? In that case they could do something about it. If they wouldn �t (let �s say in 24 - 48 hours) then it could be "a strike". I have no idea how difficult it would be to do it, but there were other accounts of members with many points removed so this could be some kind of warning.

14 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

@Michaela, when a new member has a ws reported I send him a PM and give some suggestions in order to turn his work into a useful ESL resource. When moderators have a ws reported I don �t see the need of informing, since they have access to the reporting page, but if the person is my friend I usually send him a PM too.

I know it �s not enough, and if the system generated a warning sent to the member �s email every time one of his wss is reported it would be a useful feature, because sometimes I send a member a PM and he can do nothing because when he logs in it �s too late and the ws is already removed.

14 Feb 2010     

anaisabel001
Spain

Thanks Julieta. I am  with you.

14 Feb 2010     

CHARMED ONE
Mexico

I �m totally shocked with what I am reading!! I can �t  believe Mar �s account has been cancelled.  Mar has always been a very helpful and caring member and I �m sure it was not her intention to upload others � material.

I also support what Julieta has posted because I myself have sometimes felt the same. This place was created by Victor to help ESL teachers with material and sharing experiences so, we should keep it like that. It �s so nice when someone asks for help and right away help is provided by lots of teachers. And for that,  we should feel lucky!!

I totally agree with you Victor with removing Mar �s copied worksheets and not cancelling her account. I �d personally would like her back and would like her to keep sharing with us her great and useful worksheets. I think it �s fair.

14 Feb 2010     

Missfrancisca
Spain

I like having Mar around, I agree with you Victor. When I first came to this site she was always around helping people.

14 Feb 2010     

Aimee/S.
Israel

That �s actually a good question: Victor, aren �t you the only one who can decide to cancel or keep an account?
Thanks for all the members who are supporting "the voice of the heart"! Of course, we want Mar back!
Good night and best wishes,
Aimee

14 Feb 2010     

Samantha.esl
Italy

I don �t think the person who reported those worksheets was conspirating against having this member �s account cancelled. Some weeks ago it was agreed that a new system would be adopted, that when a person uploaded 3 copied worksheets automatically his or her account would be cancelled by the system. NO-one has access to a buttom to remove members.
This was done for the better but seeing so many people are against reporting and don �t mind having the site full of copied things.. then nothing helps.
Everything that is done, like the system Victor implemented, with the best intentions, is meant to help or  solve the problem of people always uploading copied things.
But as long as people feel that the reporting is something very bad and of bad people then.... the site should now stop having a reporting section and accept anything and everyone! Then everyone would be happy!

14 Feb 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11    12    13    14    15    16    17    18    19    20    21    22    Next >