Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What (or who) is your avatar?    

What (or who) is your avatar?

zailda
Brazil

lidiab, judging for the mess around, I assume they are healthy children! Congratulations, they are really cute!

1 May 2009     

zailda
Brazil

I also love Gloria, she has a good sense of humor.

1 May 2009     

Greek Professor
Greece

Hi guys...

Time to take a break... Well i came across this pic as it looked like my poochy....that passed away last year after living with me here in greece for 18 years...

1 May 2009     

Mishuna
Argentina

My avatar is this cute cat that when it grows it turns to be not so good...hahha but I think that every bad person has a cute and innocent part...and a sad one, that �s why they do bad things.
My real name is Evangelina (some of you know that) but I didn �t like to give it because I didn �t know what this place was about...
Mishuna is my cat �s name...she is 13 years old and we �ve been together since I was 11. We grew up together...sometimes we did bad things LOL but most of the times we (or I) try to do our best...
I think that the majority of people is naturally nice...but they just forget it...

1 May 2009     

lidiab
Portugal

Yes they are zailda. Thank you so much!

1 May 2009     

Carla Horne
United States

Hi,

My avatar reflects how I long for other wordly adventures. I wish I could make a living being a poetess, but I �m not good enough. I DO LOVE teaching, but sometimes my life seems mundane. This is why I chose a beautiful ghost in a castle.

Carla  Smile

1 May 2009     

Helen McK
Ireland

This is a really interesting topic!!  I �m surprised that I haven �t seen it on the forum before.

I find the avatars, usernames and flags very confusing sometimes. Wacko For example, when I first joined this site, because of the flag, avatar and username used, I thought Cheezels was this rather large, eccentric looking, patriotic Swedish guy.  For those of you who remember Cheezel�s old avatar, you will know what I mean.   Later, I discovered that Cheezels is female and from New Zealand!!  Smile Yes, Cheezels, I was na�ve enough to believe that was actually you!!  Actually, I�m often very curious about users� avators, but I�m usually too shy to ask about them.Embarrassed

Helen

1 May 2009     

skudjova
Bulgaria

Hi, Zalida! Greetings from Bulgaria!This is a really great topic. I wonder just like you who is behind the pictures or photos. My avatar is Beauty(Bell) from "Beauty and the beast", because my first name comes from the word "krasota",translated in English it means "beauty". Skudjova is actually my last name.
Have a nice weekend to you and all the members of the community!

1 May 2009     

eurirod
Spain

Wonderful idea, Zailda! My avatar is a picture taken by my husband (the one in the middle) once we were playing with our shadows. My daughter Luc�a is the one on the left and I �m the one on the right. The three of us love playing with every simple thing we find  so I think it �s a good motto: Enjoy Life!. By the way, Svetlana, I �m also a bit healthily plump ;o).   I hope all of you have a great loooooong weekend. Hug
Eva

1 May 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

I have chosen Mulla nasruddin a fictional/real? ( the jury is still out deciding this) character who  teaches by example and demonstration and raises questions others are afraid to. Here is one story out of many. Enjoy!

Hodja and Scholar : A Mulla Story

Nasruddin Hodja ferrying a scholar across a river said something ungrammatical to him.

"Have you never studied grammar?" asked the scholar.

"No," said Hodja.

"Then half your life has been wasted," said the scholar looking pityingly at him.

Sometime later Hodja turned to his passenger.

"Have you ever learnt to swim?" he asked.

"No," said the scholar.

"Then your whole life has been wasted," said Hodja. "We �re sinking."

1 May 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    Next >