Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What (or who) is your avatar?    

What (or who) is your avatar?

puspita
Indonesia

Mine is literally my name (puspita means flower)... I chose this picture because I didn �t have any other flower picture at the time I became a member of this site (I guess) Smile

1 May 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Good topic!!! :)

I have changed my avatar around 3 times and I always like to use pictures of mine.

In this actual avatar it �s me with my puppy Scrappy that passed away 5 months ago, I was sitting outside my house watching my brothers and boyfriend play soccer and my puppy asked me to hold him and he fell asleep, my boyfriend took the picture...

1 May 2009     

gilorit
Israel

Hi
I chose my avatar because the girl in the picture looks so good and happy. It must give a warm & inviting feeling to whoever looks at her.
I tried to change it some times and I even put my picture instead but I think this cartoon looks so full of life and ... I hope I am too.  I also LOVE the colors.
Orit ;-)

1 May 2009     

poleta
Spain

My avatar is my real pet,her name is Chess because her face is half grey and white.She is nine years old and is very independient and a little angry with strangers. I love her.
Poleta  is the name of a character that I have created to tell stories to  the preschool children, she is my "twin" and only appears in the school with a multicolour  dress and a suitcase full of books.

1 May 2009     

serene
Greece

I chose this picture because I enjoy being at places like that. The trees, the water of the stream, the sounds of nature make me feel I �m just a tiny part of the endless cycle of life and my heart is filled with peace and serenity. That �s why I used "serene" as my user name.

1 May 2009     

johanne23232
Israel

What a delightful idea for a thread on this message board! I �ve read with much interest what all of you had to say about your avatar, it �s a fun topic and so revealing about each one of you.

My avatar was chosen because of the nature of this site...all of us teachers holding hands across the planet, sharing - it �s what I think of when I think of ESL printables, what the world could be like if we all cooperated!

I �m from Montreal , Canada originally, now living in Israel in a small wine-making town near the Mediterranean sea (just spent a lovely day at the beach, the weather is amazing right now). What a change from the snowy days of my childhood (my hobby is painting)

I hope to read lots more replies from everyone!  Johanne
~

1 May 2009     

yetigumboots
Germany

Mine is is of me with my two boys Jason and Mikey.. wearing funny hats at the pool on a campsite in Italy. We camp all the time and its great fun.. Even in the rain. he he

1 May 2009     

chobby
Mexico

Interesting topic.

I have change my avatar several times but I always try to use pictures of myself in some place, right now I �m using an scanned very old picture of myself when I was about 3 or 4 years old, I also choose the nickname chobby because that �s how they called me at school, see I was a little fat (chubby) but chobby is how this sounds in Spanish.

1 May 2009     

arkel
Ireland

I chose a koala because, after 14 years of planning, I finally visited New Zealand and Australia in 2006. I live in Spain and went to the expo in Sevillle in 1992. There I saw the NZ pavillion and watched the Maori dancers. It was love at first sight. I didn �t choose a kiwi because that �s vickii �s. I have a photo of me with a koala, but I couldn �t upload it. I think it �s the wrong ( I don �t know the word!) Anyway, I tried, so I found the next best thing.
P.S. Arkel is Anne Rosemary KELly

1 May 2009     

cely
Argentina

Hi everybody!
johanne23232: did you paint this? �It �s beautiful! i like painting too.

My fist avatar was a painting but some weeks ago I changed. This is me on holidays. ( 2 years ago). I know it �s not clear but when I put it here it �s was very late and then I didn �t change it. Btw my husband took it, I �m sitting in a rock and I remember it was very cold and windy!
I like this topic, it �s really nice to know about others
cely

1 May 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    Next >