Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What (or who) is your avatar?    

What (or who) is your avatar?

daysealvesbarbosa
Brazil

Great topic!!! Our avatars tell a lot about us... That �s me, beside my dear loving boyfriend on a friend �s birthday. I was at Hard Rock Caf� in Rio de Janeiro.�

1 May 2009     

nikita2008
Argentina

GREAT TOPIC!!!!

My first avatar was a picture of me with my sister, now it �s Maggie Simpson, she is so cute! Sometimes I feel like her,small,  silent, always present and aware of everything and everyone despite she is sometimes forgotten. In this pic she looks really funny!!!!!
Nikita is the name of a tv serie (La femme Nikita) I think it �s a Russian name, it can be use for men and women.

I love to read these great stories behind the pictures. It was a great idea.

Happy Labor Day!!!!

1 May 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

I �ve changed mine ummm ... 4 times i think. That should tell you how much i dislike monotony and how i am into changing things, bringing sth new onto the �stage�. The first one was of me and hubby in Greece. The second of me and my students when they gave me flowers for Women �s Day on Mar 8th last year. The third one was of me at the end of the New Year �s performance that i gave with my students at the local theatre. It was a hit and, of course, it was in English. And the last one (present one) is of me painting the clouds in my classroom last summer to the instructions of my very dear friend from Ireland, Mr Denis O�Leary. The next one will be ... hmmm ...

This is the most wonderful thread that someone started here since i �ve joined the site. Thank you!

1 May 2009     

source
Turkey

Zailda thanks for your great subject :) It is a good subject. I �m the one who change avatars a lot. As I like different pictures. My first avatar was a cat lying under the sun and relaxing :) Then I preferred using my own pictures as I love them.. My current avatar is a photo of a murderer who is wanted by interpol. If I can help someone , I �d be glad so I chose it. Some time later I will return my previous avatar and also continue changing it... My nickname is too obvious to talk on it :) eslprintables = source :)

1 May 2009     

irynka1
Ukraine

And my avatar reflects how I felt when I joined this great site!
As to the flags, I think it �s a great idea. I can tell you a secret, since I joined this community I �ve learnt quite a lot of which flags represent which countries. ;))))

1 May 2009     

customer
Italy

Really a cool thread, learning something about the people behind the pics, some of them so familiar since I �ve been a member since last May (I think...)

Anyway, my first avatar was a Hopper painting,  a girl sitting alone in a bar. I liked it but it was so sad and I decided to change it (it took me a lot of time, don �t know why, technical problems I guess).
The girl in the photo isn �t me, she �s my cousin �s daughter, but I love both the photo and the subject and it has become me, in a way...

1 May 2009     

susiebelle
United States

My Avatar is an angel with bells.  My sitename  is the nickname my mom , dad and everyone else in my family  called me growing up in Texas.   I remember I would get so embarrassed when I was a kid when my mom would call me that in front of my friends.  But now that I �m grown,  it �s such a fond memory of my childhood . My avatar just reminds me that I�m never too far in spirit from them.

1 May 2009     

gabitza
Romania

Hi guys! Nice topic, Zailda.

I have also changed my avatar a few times. My first one was me, but then I decided to upload a photo of my daughter as I get to see very little of her lately. After showing you a bit of me again, I have uploaded this photo. Her name is Kara Medeea and she is the brightest and sweetest child ever. This photo is taken in December 2008, after the pre-school winter party. She has just turned 5. She is/will be an only child (unfortunately!) I grew up as an only child and I am perfectly aware of the setbacks of this situation! I�m 38, too old to make babies�.

Oh, and I was called Gabitza for short when I was a child...

1 May 2009     

Mietz
Germany

I love this thread. Very interesting and so nice and friendly. Great spirit! :-)

My avatar is my parent �s cat. I love cats and grew up with them, so they were part of my socialization. I still often show cat-like behaviour. :-) I love cuddling and when I have enough, I go or I behave like a cat when somebody annoys me.
My nickname is a German nickname for Mietzekatze. Katze is cat. Tongue

1 May 2009     

Kita19
Portugal

Lovely idea to bring to ESLprintables!

Well, as far as I �m concerned, I �ve had 3 avatars till now. The 1st one was a picture of mine, the 2nd one was a dolphin because it �s my favourite animal, although I �ve never seen one in real life. They are very smart and lovely creatures!

My avatar now is a picture I find extremely funny! Wink It represents someone waking up in the morning and this cartoon �s expression could be me, because I just hate waking up early! LOL When I have to, I walk in a sleepy way a great part of the morning! So I think this avatar represents me very well! LOL

Kita is a nickname someone special gave me some years ago. And I loved it, so it stayed with me till today! It �s a short form from "malukita", which in English would mean something like "little crazy person" LOL Honestly I don �t remember why that person thought I was a bit crazy, but... LOL 19 is one of my favourite numbers, because on that day I began to date my boyfriend.

Well, so this is me - the little crazy person!! Hug

By the way, I also think that the flags were a really nice idea! I �ve also learnt already a lot about the flags and the countries they belong to - most of the times I already know what country the person is from just by looking at his/her flag! Smile

1 May 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    Next >