Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > DON ´T MISS IT!! THIS EXPLAINS WHY KATIANA AND MAR ARE NOT HERE. WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT, PLEASE!!    

DON ´T MISS IT!! THIS EXPLAINS WHY KATIANA AND MAR ARE NOT HERE. WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT, PLEASE!!

urpillay
Spain

DON ´T MISS IT!! THIS EXPLAINS WHY KATIANA AND MAR ARE NOT HERE. WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT, PLEASE!!

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

HAVE A LOOK AT THIS

Dear teachers,

I �ve seen this page in which you can see some ws from very well known and respected members of this community, without permission of the owners, of course.

I just want to know your opinions.

Here �s the link:

Huge hugs, my dear teachers!!!!!!

Mar Smile

31 May 2009      

Go on reading here http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=8941
They and other teachers, among them me, are really angry with this situation. It �s not fair what some members are doing, they are stealing our work!! This is not the aim the site was created for!!
Not Katiana, either Mar and me are going to contribute more in the site until the situation is solved. We need your support and we are waiting for V�ctor �s answer. If we work together I �m sure we can solve the problem, we can find a solution. But a lot of things must change. Many other great teachers here can stop contributing if the situation goes on!!
INMA ALC�ZAR

2 Jun 2009      

chorima
Spain

I understand how angry you must be......I really hope some kind of solution is found (I don�t really know how this can be sorted out). It �s a pity that great contributors are lost because of SOME dishonest people. It �s no fair that we are all being tarred with the same brush, though.
think of all the people who support you here......

Regards

2 Jun 2009     

Katiana
Spain

If I deleted all my wss from esl printables I woudn�t have any proof that these are my worksheets. Anybody that now has my work could upload it here or anywhere else and claim that it is his or hers. That�s why I won�t delete it although I have decided not to upload any more worksheets so that my future work can�t be stolen.

2 Jun 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

Hi!
I am rather new to this site, so I don �t know the whole situation, but I have this to say - I know how much work is put into making a worksheet, ppt or online exercises, and I know how strongly people feel about their work. I do, too, which is why I �d never joined another site before, and which is why I have joined this one - it seems like fair exchange. No, I do not consider knowledge a commodity and I am not selfish in sharing (I �ve been sharing with my colleagues for 16 years now, but, frankly - it has usually been a one-way street; I share, they receive. However, some of my new colleagues know the true meaning of sharing and have restored my faith in this type of exchange - thank you, you know who you are...).

Ego can be a horrible thing, but there is a difference between ego and being proud of your work - nobody expects medals for teaching or sharing, but boasting with something as if it �s your own work - that �s just mean, lazy, egotistical and immature. Yes, some people are new to using computers and aren �t actually aware of doing harm (not all those people are mean, some are just foolish and reckless), but they have to be informed that what they �re doing is wrong.

I hope everything turns out fine. There �s been too much work and heart put into this site BY ALL OF YOU HERE to let something like this stop you from sharing... There will always be workers and there will always be thieves... unfortunatelly, that �s humanity, too. But so is friendship, sharing and fairness...

2 Jun 2009     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

I completely agree with Inma and Katiana.
We can �t delete what we already have here but we can avoid new ws to get stolen.

To Silke:
We know people can steal our work and upload it everywhere, even take credit for it or even sell it to make profit. We don �t know that and it �s difficult to control the whole net.

What makes me really sad is to think that people from this community have used our work without permission. It � so sad and that �s what really made me angry and disappointed.
I �m also waiting for Victor �s opinion.
I thought you had understood this point.

2 Jun 2009     

urpillay
Spain

Hi,

Silke our decision makes sense, because the documents which we have uploaded here are in other teachers hands. Therefore, it doesn �t make sense to delete them, but it makes it not to upload more. Honestly, I didn �t expect an answer like that from you!
Anitarobi those members who stole the worksheets were informed about the situation before publishing a post in the forum. The rules are clear in the site but some members don �t read them or don �t want to respect them. If you read the thread you will know those members have not asked for permission to the teachers to make those worksheets public in their blogs.

2 Jun 2009     

domnitza
Romania

Dear Inma,

(and everybody who reads the posts)

when we enter a classroom full of students, we know that we are there to teach all of them, whether we like it or not. Even if there are some students who don �t give a ....... about our preparing wonderful materials for them (I often experience this situation), about our every day effort to make their classes more attractive and easier. I try to bring my students new materials every day and each of my students recives them. It hurts me a lot to see how some students tear them away, yet I come back the next day with new materials and sheets of paper (my money, my printer,my time). I am not a very loving or affectionate teacher, but I strive to be a fair one. I have students who are sometimes disrespectful and mean, but I do my job every day and enter their classroom.
I know that we are facing a different situation here, but as Silke suggested, once we upload our materials on the net, we have no longer control of them. And that �s a risk we must take.

Take care,

Domnitza

2 Jun 2009     

svetamarik Svetlana
Russian Federation

I promised not to stop contributing to this site. But I really hope Victor will do something about stealing. There have been lots of discussions �on the forum about this problem. I personally think that there is no place for dishonest people here, for people who call themselves "teachers" but lack any moral values. Unfortunately , as Silke said we can prevent us from stealing only if we stop uploading our wss here. �As soon as you upload your work here there will be a huge risk of cheating! You see , my dear colleagues, that even copyright materials are being stolen and even uploaded here.... It �s a neverending story and this is the matter of out ethic. I wish we could share our work with honest and devoted teachers. But it �s not possible... Internet is the best invention of the 20th century but at the same time it �s can do a lot of harm.

I would really like to know as more opinions as possible!

Svetlana

PS Dear �Victor! We all need your reply. It �s a very sirious problem....

2 Jun 2009     

joebcn
Andorra

I �m really sorry about the situation. I appreciate both Katiana and Mar and I �m sure you are really upset about the whole thing. Cry

I had been out for  a couple of days and got the news by surprise. Now I see the situation has got worse. I feel a bit confused about it and I would like to know what we are supposed to do?? Is there anything we can do right now???

I hope you are back to this wonderful community and "intruders"respect our ruls.
Cheer up!!!Thumbs Up
Joe

2 Jun 2009     

domnitza
Romania

Wow, more posts came while I was writing mine.

Katiana, Mar and all those who took this decision, lots of teachers will miss your worksheets. But those who stole some of them won �t care at all, because there are others to take advantage of. So.... Unhappy

2 Jun 2009     

Katiana
Spain

Since the moment I started sharing my work here I only expected people respected it and showed some gratitude. I don�t think this is asking too much, is it? It�s simply a question of politeness. If people use our work in blogs of web pages I�m sure they are not new to using computers and when you join a site it is a good idea to read the rules carefully to know what you can or can�t do. I simply feel BETRAYED!!!

2 Jun 2009     

1    2    3    4    5    6    7    Next >